Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rampancy

finally!

better late than never, i finally got a new system. installing doom as we speak... windows 10 start menu is a clusterfuck... that is all :p

rampancy said:

windows 10 start menu is a clusterfuck

It really isn't.

If it's installed, it's in the folder list. If you can't find it, type its name. If you want to always displayed, pin it to start. Couldn't be any more straightforward.

Win10s start menu is great. Just get used too:
- Stick your favorite programs to the taskbar
- press win-key and type the name of the program or document you are looking for.

It took me some time to get used to it, especially the search by name, since I love to control my OS in every possible way ;-). After getting used to it I don't want to switch back to Win7.

well i decided to go with win 10 and not 7 so that i could familiarize myself with it, bc eventually my company's customers will be using it, but i hate all the tiles in the start menu lol. just think its ridiculous personally. there must be a way to disable them. i dont mind tiles in a seperate interface for seperate purposes, but yeah.

doom wise though, pretty sweet so far... my new machine has a gtx 1070 and so far has been locked at a solid 60 fps with everything maxed in vulkan. pretty dang awesome. i cranked the fov to 100, and im using a 360 pad, and movement feels satisfyingly fast, although i still find myself reaching for a run button when im trying to close the gap. im glad the game features the demon enemies, bc the plot so far revolves around these uac characters, and honestly they are fairly underwhelming as antagonists. not really scary, or intimidating, just kinda blah. i have seen spoilers of what happens at the finale, and i guess the idea is that none of these uac types really know what they are getting into, like when olivia claims she is going to have a seat with the demons bc she helps them... i wouldnt mind getting some exposition from an actual evil villian, and not just these useful idiots working for the uac but oh well. who needs exposition in a doom game i suppose. anyway, the game is good. mantling works suprisingly well. the imp is quick and mobile which is fun.

my early impression is 4/5 pentagrams. we will see if the remainder of the game holds up.

rampancy said:

well i decided to go with win 10 and not 7 so that i could familiarize myself with it, bc eventually my company's customers will be using it, but i hate all the tiles in the start menu lol. just think its ridiculous personally. there must be a way to disable them. i dont mind tiles in a seperate interface for seperate purposes, but yeah.

You just right click 'em and remove. Or click and drag 'em around.

yep that helped. i just removed them all and shrunk the size of the start menu back to the size god intended. just felt like i was being bombarded by ads and it was not cool.