Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

Drooly has eyes!

Crix said:

I like the chaingun weapon and it makes sense for the player character to get to use one... in fact, the chaingun is one of my favorite weapons. But chaingunner enemies have always lacked personality compared to the shotgun marines and imps who had to walk around a bit and had different attacks. The chaingunner just stands in one place and fires an indefinite ammount of ammo at you until you're dead. I hope they will have worked this out or can somehow better justify this guy carrying around such a huge gun.

Jeez, and you think that just because the old chaingunner did like that, you automatically think that the new chaingunner will do exactly the same?
*shakes head.
If you take a look at Q2, you'll see that the enforcers, the Q2 enemy that resembles the D2 chaingunner the most (and bear in mind that Q2 is probably the most doomish Quake game of them all), don't just stand there and fire for an eternity - they shoot, reload move a bit and shoot again.
If id are as smart as I think they are, I'd guess that they'd give the chaingunner a more complex behaviour than just standing at one spot dumbly shooting at you until you're dead.

And I do agree that the old chaingunners are annoying - not only does it show complete lack of realism that they're able to just shoot repeatedly like that, but it really does make them a pain in the ass. I expect the D3 chaingunners to be a lot more devious - e.g. they pop out of nowhere and begin firing at you, then they disappear behind cover and seem to be gone until they pop up somewhere else and start shooting at you again.

It's just that the nature of chaingunning is laying down a suppressive and deadly cloud of bullets. It's like a Denial of Service attack for soldiers. heh. You stand there, barrels spinning, spitting out a wall of bullets... it's a "dumb" weapon. I like my enemies smarter.

On the other hand, I like using the chaingun from time to time because it's fun to mow down enemies.

Anyway, this isn't such a big deal, I'm sure I'll be pleased with what they come up with.

whiiiiiiIIIIIIRRRR blablablablablablablablablam!!! DIe!! 8)

Are there any screenies out there of a zombie actually carrying a gun, let along using it?

IMJack said:

Are there any screenies out there of a zombie actually carrying a gun, let along using it?

No screenies as of now, only the bootleg video so far. Anyway, I'd like the weapon-handling zombie dudes to stay a close guarded secret until the game's out. Hopefully they'll make them cool and not have a bunch of darn drunkards with guns.

Oh and crix: I'm sorry if I seemed aggressive before - I just tend to aggressively argue for the things I think are cool. Believe me, I hope as much as you do that the chaingunner is gonna be cool and not annoying - sure a chaingun is a suppressing fire kind of weapon (that's one thing that makes it great), but you can't unload it repeatedly like the old chaingunners can. Not only is that just a waste of ammo, but it generally fucks up your aim.

So I'm hoping for some nice, controlled bursts from our chaingunning friend.

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

I don't expect to be let in though, they probably have special parties with STRIPPERS and the like.

YES

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

And they probably have a theme song like the stonecutters...

yeah, it's by dying corpse

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

they probably have special parties with STRIPPERS and the like.

Yeah, and the strippers are usually all dusted, having just snorted that coke straight off the kelo, uncut. Makes them do the kinkiest shit.

orion said:

Yeah, and the strippers are usually all dusted, having just snorted that coke straight off the kelo, uncut. Makes them do the kinkiest shit.

Why hello Orion.

Liam the Bard said:

yeah, it's by dying corpse

You know, what really bugs me these days is the prices of import CD-Singles. I went to Century Media, and they were selling the Cassandra "EP" for $11. That thing can't be worth more than $2. Heck, it doesn't even have remixes on it. If they can sell those Identity CDs for $2, that thing ought to be free with any Theatre of Tragedy purchase. Where'd they get the idea to only do 2 edits anyways? Nocturnal Nebuchadnezzar on the nighttrain north, if that isn't the sillest CD I've ever seen...

I guess I'll bitch to the actual band next time. Hein Frode Hansen even responded to a mail I sent, how about that? At least they listen. I musta written stuff to like 15 other bands, they never talk back. One of my friends kept bugging some silly black metal band and they eventually wrote back and ended up staying at his place when they were touring here probably a year or so ago. I didn't bother meeting them cause I thought they sucked.

They played at the same place my other friend's black metal band was supposed to play at a few months ago - they were opening for some other bands like Opeth or Dimmu Borgir, whoever was here a few months ago. I guess one of the other nitwit dimshit wondershrews from the band before theirs requested an encore, and that took another 30 minutes, so they couldn't play. Which sucked. For them, at least, cause I didn't go to that show either. I probably woulda been pissed if I did. I think one of the guy's mom's went and she raised a ruckus, but apparently it didn't do much good.

That whole hall is a hellhole though, I don't like going there anyways. Apparently they try to cram 500+ people into this room the size of my basement and it just doesn't work. I guess it's safe for mosh pits though, because you're so cramped it's impossible to fall down and get trampled, since you can't even crouch, there's not enough leg room. There was some huge dude in the middle of the last one that kinda killed the mosh effect, cause usually the whole crowd has to move in one direction as a unit, but he wouldn't budge, so the wave kinda went in a circle around him and nothing much happened. It was kinda funny when one of the singers tried to crowd surf, he jumped off the stage but his foot was caught in a wire and he fell into the security pit instead.

The only time I've seen that place empty was when my other friend's black metal band played there and some 12 people showed up, but they were all drunk and stoned anyways, almost all of them didn't even know where they were. Most of them were friends of the band anyways. We threw stuff at them after their set. Some other band came up after that, but we all left so they just stopped playing after the first song.

Anywho, CM should drop the price on that Cassandra CD, that's just ridiculous.

(It doesn't matter though, cause I downloaded the edits and re-did them myself from the original WAV source, along with 3 other new & custom edits, which I must say forms quite a nice mix overall.)

WTF just happened? Strippers?? haha.... this is most divergent thread I've ever seen.

No problem dsm... I'm glad you were there to disagree with me!

Unholy Harold tapdancing on a donut, Liam, Orion, lament, Danarchist, and Lût posting?!
/me spanks

DooMBoy said:

Unholy Harold tapdancing on a donut, Liam, Orion, lament, Danarchist, and Lût posting?!
/me spanks

Wow, you're fast!

Get back on track people, I don't want to lock this thread.

/me huggles lüt

you should post around here more you big lug, we love ya all :)

And back to the topic, the drooly looks bad ass, no escaping his wrath.

heh

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

/me huggles lüt

you should post around here more you big lug, we love ya all :)

And back to the topic, the drooly looks bad ass, no escaping his wrath.

heh

heh. Drooly looks much more evil with eyes!

Shaviro said:

heh. Drooly looks much more evil with eyes!

I can't help but laugh when I think back at some of the discussions I had with Zaldron and he argued that monsters with no eyes are scarier than monsters with eyes :-)

i dont care about the eyes!! If it bleeds, we can kill it!! (thankx shaviro)

and for the caingunner i just dont wanna hear this when my HP is at 10%...

I SMELL FEAR!

Hicks said:

i dont care about the eyes!! if he can bleed we can kill it!

'If it bleeds, we can kill it' is the correct quote, iirc.

Hicks said:

and for the caingunner i just dont wanna hear this when my HP is at 10%...

I SMELL FEAR!

/Me hides behind Hicks when Hicks is playing Doom
/Me waits until Hicks is at 10% health, then snarls into his ear: "I SMELL FEARR!"

;-)

lol....nice one dsm ... hey i was thinking.... what if the music changed to critical when the hp is low :) what happened to the baron of hell? is he the Birdie demon ? :P

dsm said:

I can't help but laugh when I think back at some of the discussions I had with Zaldron and he argued that monsters with no eyes are scarier than monsters with eyes :-)

Laugh away.

Ahem, it has no eyes. Go check the diffuse .tga in the /models folder.

St00pid thread.

Zaldron said:

Laugh away.

Ahem, it has no eyes. Go check the diffuse .tga in the /models folder.

St00pid thread.

AH its arisen again...

Does it matter if it has eyes or not?