Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Interesting New Preview of Doom 3

True, true, true, and above all, true...dont judge it by only the FPS it is able to dish out, although that seems to be the only important thing some people consider.

"My current work on Doom is designed around what was made possible on the original GeForce, and reaches an optimal implementation on NVIDIA's next-generation GPU. My next generation of work will be designed around what is made possible on NVIDIA's next-generation GPU.

- John Carmack, id Software"

http://www.nvidia.com/content/areyouready/twimtbp.html

Xzyl said:

Id like to see somone pull off a decent Starcraft Mod. Playing as a human or Protoss infiltrating a Zerg hive where anything could be crawling out of the walls or erupting from the ground. I can just imagine the beautifull real time rendered carnage that would crush the prerendered movies in starcraft.

A team tried this for UT. They got "foxed" by Blizzard.

And I agree with dsm, a cops vs. gangs TC would rock some serious ass.

Or better yet: WolfenDoom3!

Trasher][ said:

I already mentioned that idea - though I worded it differently.
I was thinking of a mod that uses the enemies (models), weapons and textures of RtCW - but not to rehash the Return to wolfie levels (that'd be copyright violation), rather come up with some RtCW-WW2'ish maps using the RtCW textures and the Doom 3 engine.

Imagine some crypt levels with RtCW zombies, a few scattered Nazi scumbags and lots of half-eaten Nazis in the Doom 3 engine :-]

And imagine a Castle ruin (a la the last level before Heinrich) where Nazis are battling it out with zombies.

Oh boy, I'm suddenly getting ideas here for great RtCW-themed mods in the D3 engine: the adventures of an SAS operative during WW2 - in the end he discovers that the Nazis have found an entryway to Hell, so the last levels would take place in Hell with some of Doom 3's demons, but with RtCW's weapons....sweet :-P~|

Trasher][ said:
A team tried this for UT. They got "foxed" by Blizzard.

And I agree with dsm, a cops vs. gangs TC would rock some serious ass.

I woundered what happened to it.

Oh well DSM's Wolfenstien mod idea sounds good too.

I know some people dont like the bird dude.... BUT....he could be the next Baron Of Hell, he might look stupid but think about the kind of POWERS that he could have!.....like demonic stuff and black magic(¿?).

Disorder said:

Why do people think he looks stupid?
He looks impressive in my opinion.

Never said he looked stupid - I said he looked too weak to be the baron and by saying that I indicated that it isn't at all fitting as the new Baron.

birdman>hell knight

seriously

it is the most impressive looking demon in doom3, if it is put into the game.

doomedout said:

birdman>hell knight

seriously

agreed.

doomedout said:

birdman>hell knight

seriously

w3rd

There is a new kick ass remix of monster condo, although I am not entirely sure that it is new, but the remix is amazing...check it out

doomedout said:

There is a new kick ass remix of monster condo, although I am not entirely sure that it is new, but the remix is amazing...check it out

1. Url?
2. What does this have to do with the topic and with Doom 3 dumbass?

doomedout said:

MAN what the hell you flaming me for?
IM SORRY IF IT AINT DOOM3
HAPPY?

For posting off-topic and in the wrong forum.

Why the Hell did you post it here in the first place? You could just as well have posted it in Classic Doom General where it belongs

No, I'm not happy, I'm getting rather annoyed with you as a matter of fact.
Now post on-topic or shut up!

I'm afraid I don't like your condescending tone, since when did you become such a hard ass?
You are right I should have posted this in another forum, but does that reserve you the right to flame like and call me a dumbass just because of that one mistake? I post in other forums as well, and frankly the reason I frequently post in this site, is the community at large is a really good one, but its fucking pissing off when people like you cannot tolerate some simple errors in judgement, and WHEN I PROCEED TO CRITCIZE YOU OR ANY MODS, constructive mostly, you simply put it in the infamous "hell section"
If you dislike me, say so. If you find me annoying, then say it bluntly....DROP THE FUCKING PATRONIZING TONE!!!!

doomedout said:

I'm afraid I don't like your condescending tone, since when did you become such a hard ass?
You are right I should have posted this in another forum, but does that reserve you the right to flame like and call me a dumbass just because of that one mistake? I post in other forums as well, and frankly the reason I frequently post in this site, is the community at large is a really good one, but its fucking pissing off when people like you cannot tolerate some simple errors in judgement, and WHEN I PROCEED TO CRITCIZE YOU OR ANY MODS, constructive mostly, you simply put it in the infamous "hell section"
If you dislike me, say so. If you find me annoying, then say it bluntly....DROP THE FUCKING PATRONIZING TONE!!!!

First off, this is certainly not the only time you've been acting in a stupid way that annoys us Mods - this racks up minuses y'know. Secondly, making such a braindead mistake as the one you've done here deserves nothing better than a flame, Christ even a 7-year old can figure out how to post stuff in the right forum.
And on to the criticism, we Mods can usually take constructive criticism - I don't send EVERYTHING that criticizes us to post hell, but whiny stuff, like the kind that you've only displayed so far deserves to die because that's just fucking annoying.

And mind you that if I were Katarhyne, I'd have called you a LOT more than just "dumbass" - you take these words too serious y'know. Now stop acting like a whiny boy - I'm not the only Moderator who's beginning to think of you as a moron so now is a good time to try and shape up.

Now stop using this thread as a complaint against the Mods - if you wanna complain about the moderators, go to the R&P forums or something and do it consructively - nobody likes a whiner.