Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AirRaid

Bumpmaps

Bah, I already posted this in the proper forum, but I guess no-one goes there...

Anyone know what program was used to create/export the bumpmap texture elements? I had a go at messing with the textures in the empty level last night, and didn't get very far. :/

I'm sure they use their own proprietary 3DMAX, LIghtwave, and MAYA plugins. If you are interested in the bumpmapping technique used in Doom3 just in general, ATI has some similar bumpmapping tools that use can use to render-bump objects down. It even comes with a viewer so that you can see the results. Just go to ati.com, and check out their developer website.

Best thing about ATI's external utility is that it does not need any kind of UVW parameters in the hi-poly version, unlike their 3.x MAX plugin.

Doom will come with build in tools to create the bumpmaps from high to lowpoly (aka renderbump)
No additional tools are needed.

Educated guess, but don't place any bets on it.

Ya but I'm messing around with the alpha - I don't wanna wait til tools get shipped with the game :P

AirRaid said:

Ya but I'm messing around with the alpha - I don't wanna wait til tools get shipped with the game :P

You may want to click my signature.