Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultimate Demon

DOOM 3 video shown @ E3

OMG! Those creatures look really hellish! Sick...

Never seen those spider things before, maybe those are the "crawlers"?
And the floating heads are obviously what the Lost Soul cyborg head conecept sketch became now.

Somehow it feels a little unDoomish. Looks creepy though, but those heads on spiderlegs are obviously stolen from the Thing. I'm not sure if I like these. Also, the new logo sucks compared to the older one.

Okay, who's a member of Gamespot? If you are, you can download a new trailer with footage: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/media.html

I'm not that impressed by the head and spiderthing. But maybe if you see them moving at 50fps crawling/running from the shadows into the light that will change.

MOOORRE!!

Zoost said:

I'm not that impressed by the head and spiderthing. But maybe if you see them moving at 50fps crawling/running from the shadows into the light that will change.

MOOORRE!!

Exactly. I'm pretty sure that'll take my doubts away, since the same thing happened to me when I first saw the Imp moving. And I didn't really liked it's design prior to that. After that I really started liking the Imp.

Does anyone agree here that the fire doesn't look good at all? Maybe it does look good in motion, but right now I have to say that I've seen more impressive fire done by other developers. I think id can do better than that. And dammit, I want to see that new movie.

GS-1719 said:

Inverted head with spider legs? Nice idea.

Not really original though. Ever seen John Carpenter's the Thing? Not that I mind, I like 'em though.

Dammit, who's an insider at IGN? If you are, you can download a new Doom III video which includes the following:

I just got it off IGN.....and let me say MOTHERFUCKN WOW.........the best footage yet....theres the dude with the rockets on his shoulders (sorry forgot his name) and it shows what looks like a minigun aswell!!!! also evidence of that story line they were on about.........GET IT NOW!!!!

Quoted from Doom3.dk

http://insider.ign.com/download/video/e32003/xbox/doom3xbox_051303_320.mov

Well, I've seen the video from the XBOX presentation of DOOM 3 and I can say it looks AWESOME.

The Revenant is shown in motion for the first time (very fast, I like it's eyes) imps are shown crawling all over the facility like insects, The Hell Knight smashes it's way through crowds, and it looks like the player shoots an imp's fireball out of the sky.

The video's 11MB and I downloaded it from the Evening Reading thread from shacknews.com

Added to this, the new screens which everyone has probably seen by now. The spiders are disturbing... I like it.

omg, me and my friend just downloaded it and watched it here with the schools T1, and man. we dont see how that can be the xbox, dude that thing seemed to run REALLY good. jesus, if thats the xbox presentation i cant wait to see how the PC presentation will be.. omg theres gotta be some really good shit in store for this e3!

The way that train was done seems a bit like a reference to Quake 2 to me. And considering Doom was gonna be an Aliens game, those facehugger/demon hybrids are a pretty cool coincidence, too. Seems id has always been fond of trying to emulate Geiger's particular type of biomechanical art.

The heads remind me of the Borg queen, though. :S Heh.

Disorder said:

Is that a better version? Since the one I saw was captured from screen.

I surmise you had the occasion to observe attentively the movie linked above, but to answer your original question, yeah, it's a much better version :)

UV: Yeah, biomech style just absolutely fucking rules. I love the gore and blood attached directly to the metal designs. And Doom3 looks the best with it because of the specular highlights.... even the entrails on the zombies reflect light and look really wet and sloppy.

There already is a thread about the new E3 video and stuff... so I'm closing this one and I'd like to redirect everyone to this thread.

The only thing I didn't really like is the way that fireball exploded in that Imp's face. Is it just me, or am I the only one that feels that id Software simply isn't good at making explosions look real?

<3
<3
<3
*wank* *wank* *wank*
<3
<3
*spooge*
<3

Those imps crawling all over the place, oh mannnnnnn

the screens kick ass, but i can't seem to get the video to work on this computer, i'll try redownloading it. it's lookin' great though! /me reads usa today article on doom iii from yesterday

Shaviro said:

I love the revenant!

Yeah, he looks wonderful. I'm spooked by those Imps. Looks like they've been watching Aliens a lot. I love it.