Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubh

Where did this monster go???

Disorder said:

yeah, I agree it looks like the Baron of Hell.

Not in my opinion. Maybe it's just me but i recognise the hellknight and the Baron from the original dooms as mighty, bulky-looking enemies. The bird man doesn't look bulky to me so i don't think it'll be the baron, but i suppose on the other hand it could be what shaviro said, that the baron will make up for it's size with something else.

The new baron might be that multi eyed monster drawing shown with the hellknight in the legacy video. Lemme find it.

edit: Ah here we are http://www.3dactionplanet.com/doom/images/image.asp?e3/video/18.jpg though i can't be certain. It could easily be an alternative design for the hellknight.

BlueSonnet said:
Not in my opinion. Maybe it's just me but i recognise the hellknight and the Baron from the original dooms as mighty, bulky-looking enemies. The bird man doesn't look bulky to me so i don't think it'll be the baron, but i suppose on the other hand it could be what shaviro said, that the baron will make up for it's size with something else.

Ditto. Birdman does not invoke the Baron feel in me, like the other recreated Doom demons remind me of their 'former self' - even the pinky with its cyberlegs reminds me a shitload of the old pinky, Birdman only reminds me of a slightly larger imp, but with horns.

The new baron might be that multi eyed monster drawing shown with the hellknight in the legacy video. Lemme find it.

I really hope not - four-eyed, horned freak (yay, horns) may look majestetic and fearsome, but it does not have the classy feel to it that the old Baron concept had.

I'd like to point out that the bottom-right drawing in that image looks hopeful - awesome goat-like legs.

I hope they dont make the cacodemon have jet engines and shit like the lost souls

If they make the caco keep its ball lightning attack, it should be able to function like electricity, like if youre holding onto a ladder and it shoots the metal walls near the ladder, the elecrcity can arc over and fry you, not as badly as a direct hit, but then you have the fall to worry about..

deathbringer said:

I hope they dont make the cacodemon have jet engines and shit like the lost souls

If they make the caco keep its ball lightning attack, it should be able to function like electricity, like if youre holding onto a ladder and it shoots the metal walls near the ladder, the elecrcity can arc over and fry you, not as badly as a direct hit, but then you have the fall to worry about..

Yeah, the cacodemon should be fully organic, with no lameass jet engines - it fits with these cyber lost soul thingies, but I don't want 'em on the caco.

I want the cacodemon to look really chaotic and fucked up - still smiling its weird smile, but looking far more terrifying and evil this time. It shouldn't make you laugh.

It should make you cover in fear thinking: holy shyyyiiiiiitttt, what IS this thing!?

BlueSonnet said:

edit: Ah here we are http://www.3dactionplanet.com/doom/images/image.asp?e3/video/18.jpg though i can't be certain. It could easily be an alternative design for the hellknight.

That seems like a possiblity. The Hell Knight and Baron were pretty much the same thing, so I'd assume they have a similar design. Did anyone notice the head in the upper right corner. Looked like the Hell Knight to me. I hope that that isn't the Baron though, I don't think its particularily flattering. The imp has enough eyes to go around already.