Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Finally, some new info (SPOILERS)

Disorder said:

Dear people, about that remodelled shotgun: Doesn't anyone remember this?

PS: I love it. The new model looks great.

Oh sure I remember that, but the impression that the first person view of it leaves is not what I've hoped for.

I like the one I saw in trailer screenshots better. It looked more streamlined - this one just looks clumsy and less like the classic Doom one.

demonic hallucinations!! FUKK YES! Isnt it nice to walk a dark corridors and "outdoor"(?) places with demonic flashes??? and voices!!!

the delta complex thing sounded cool, too!! I hope we can see stuff where everything is kind of "peaceful" (like in Undying, when it was peaceful, no monsters, it was fucking creepy... the sky and scenery played a big part outdoors!!!")

EVERYTHING IS SO GREAT!!

dsm said:

Oh sure I remember that, but the impression that the first person view of it leaves is not what I've hoped for.

I like the one I saw in trailer screenshots better. It looked more streamlined - this one just looks clumsy and less like the classic Doom one.

If you can show me a screenshot with the new shotgun model in it from first person view I'd much appreciate it.

Tyockell said:

If you can show me a screenshot with the new shotgun model in it from first person view I'd much appreciate it.

Here you go.

Thanks Dsm but I must say I really dont like that new design from FPV at all. It does look way to clumsy and what the hell is up with the muzzle of that gun anyway. Im sorry but flash supressors just dont belong on a shotgun IMO.

Disorder said:

What the hell is wrong with it?

As I said before: Not streamlined - Classic Doom's shotgun is streamlined (it'd also look cooler).
In addition, it has an ugly bulky muzzle and where the Hell are the iron sights?

dsm said:

As I said before: Not streamlined - Classic Doom's shotgun is streamlined (it'd also look cooler).
In addition, it has an ugly bulky muzzle and where the Hell are the iron sights?

Your a l33t killer marine, you dont need iron sight's :)

EVIL said:

Your a l33t killer marine, you dont need iron sight's :)

Iron sights look cooler - what's the point of being a 133t killer marine if you don't have cool looking iron sights to impress the ladies with? ;-)

Disorder said:

Why do shotguns need ironsights? Buckshot spreads out. You hardly have to aim ;)

This is a shotgun from 2145.

I think the new shotgun looks fine and that its ridiculous to make a big deal over if it looks like the old one or not. That was then, this is now. Welcome to the present.

I think your severed arm looks fine and that its ridiculous to make a big deal over if it feels like when it was part of you or not. That was then, this is now. Welcome to the present.

Yea well I still think the shotgun looks fucking retarded and the shotgun deserves a more badass design then that.

dsm said:

this one just looks clumsy and less like the classic Doom one.

I have to agree here. When it comes to Doom1/2 and Doom3's Shotguns, they match the feel to them.

Doom3's shotgun just doesn't look right in Doom1/2, and Doom1/2's shotgun doesn't look right in Doom3.

Melfice said:

I think the new shotgun looks fine and that its ridiculous to make a big deal over if it looks like the old one or not. That was then, this is now. Welcome to the present.

It all boils down to personal taste. The reason I compare the D3 shotgun to the old one, is because to this day, I think the classic Doom shotgun had the best basic design and shape of all the shotguns Id software ever made - I don't care if it looked like a modern day shotgun, it still had a neato, streamlined appearance.

So naturally, when the Doom 3 shotgun doesn't have at least the streamlined looks of the classic Doom shotgun (which I might add, the one in the Doom 3 trailer had), it doesn't look as cool as it could've been looking.

So in the end, it has nothing to do with whether it's true to the old shotgun or not - it has something to do with what I like and what I don't. I like a gun with a streamlined look - I don't like bulky, weird ass shaped guns and I think the remodelled shotgun looks bulky and weird, hence, I don't like it very much. So fuck off with your "That was then and this is now" speech, because it has nada to do with my complaint.
End of story.

Heh, well I guess I could've added to it "do you really think by that year with that technology and in outer space of all places, when re-doing the game to be more realistic, that they're going to have a shotgun like the old one?" I'd personally vote no, but you were right about it being our own personal opinion. And there's no need to tell me to fuck off or whatever, I wasn't in anyway attempting to criticize you or flame at you, I was just stating my opinion on the matter.

Melfice said:

Heh, well I guess I could've added to it "do you really think by that year with that technology and in outer space of all places, when re-doing the game to be more realistic, that they're going to have a shotgun like the old one?" I'd personally vote no, but you were right about it being our own personal opinion. And there's no need to tell me to fuck off or whatever, I wasn't in anyway attempting to criticize you or flame at you, I was just stating my opinion on the matter.

Yeah, guess I did overreact...again! So uhh, sorry or something.
/waits for Flathead to get pissed off about my incessant apologies :-P

If they get rid of that retarded muzzle then I will be happy but till that happens shame on you ID.

Just look at it in the damn mirror,It doesnt look half bad there,All they need to do is change the viewpoint and it'll probably look much better.

If someone could make a side by side comparison pic of the shotguns in first person view... I just watched the E3 high-res trailer again and the shotgun there really looks way better in first-person then that thing on the Xbox screen.

Disorder said:

What the hell is wrong with it?

I could turn that question around and ask: Wtf is so freakin' cool about it anyways?

dsm said:

I could turn that question around and ask: Wtf is so freakin' cool about it anyways?

I'd have to say not a damn thing.