Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S1lent

Favorite Feature.

What is going to be your favorite NEW feature in DOOM 3? Characters? Graphics? RagDoll? Whiplash? Hitblocks? (Just examples).

Shaviro said:

Atmosphere... if you can call that a feature.

New feature doofus - atmosphere was already present in Doom 1. Unless you mean that it's even better in Doom 3, but I still wouldn't call it a "new" feature.

The new feature I'm looking forward to the most? The physics - namely the per-polygon hit detection combined with ragdoll physics. This should make for some seriously satisfying killing that will surpass anything out there...I hope.

We haven't exactly heard much of it yet, but I have a feeling the environmental sound effects will be amazing...

Of course the graphics (hi-res models + shadow/light unification).
Another important new feature is 5.1 Sound. I bought 5.1 speakers already, they are lying on the floor behind me right now, ready to lose their virginity on doom3!

What DSM said.

I was going to say 'A real-time lighting engine where you could actually interact with the lights' but I guess I can do that in Deus Ex 2 already.

NiGHTMARE said:

We haven't exactly heard much of it yet, but I have a feeling the environmental sound effects will be amazing...

Absolutely. I can still remember how incredible the sounds from the alpha were (many of them just present in the sounds folder, but not used in the maps).

I actually meant "New" features...like features that weren't in any of the previous doom games, or features that have been dramatically enhanced.

S1lent said:

I actually meant "New" features...like features that weren't in any of the previous doom games, or features that have been dramatically enhanced.

Doom didn't have ambient sound.