Find results in...
AirRaid

Nightmare skill - holy bejesus.

BBG said:

I think these settings in the config affect Nightmare :

seta g_healthTakeLimit "25"
seta g_healthTakeAmt "5"
seta g_healthTakeTime "5"

what happens if you make the second parameter a negative number?

Mivalekan said:

Whenever I'm really low on health in doom i become extremely cautious about my surroundings. :o

Aren't we all? :D
It's like a religious move everytime I move into a new area and quicksave.

ukfluke said:

this review sums it up really well

http://www.somethingawful.com/

That review is little more than directionless rambling. It was probably the least relevant review that I have ever read, actually.

I do like the boiler room photos gag, though. And the "brief overview of their most important titles:" table is good, too. :)

I probably shouldn't even really be replying to this, as the quoted post didn't really have anything to do with 'nightmare' other than the fact the poster played through on 'easy' :P

Fusion said:

Sure it rips off half-life hard..

Excellent post, except I have to respond to the above.

To be fair, Half-Life was a rip-off of the original DooM. Half-Life's plot revolved around scientists who developed teleport technology and through that, accidentally unleashed a bunch of monsters that took over their base and killed everybody. Puh-leeze. That's nothing but a blatant rip-off of the original DooM's plot. :D

So if DooM 3 ripped off Half-Life, and Half-Life ripped off DooM, then DooM ripped off itself. IE: It's a true remake. ;-)

-Jomero

Can you tell me where Doom(2) offered more ammo on NM skill? It uses the same settings as UV.

And by the way, can someone tell me the difference between Quake1 Hard and Quake1 NM? I NEVER noticed the difference.

Jomero said:

To be fair, Half-Life was a rip-off of the original DooM. Half-Life's plot revolved around scientists who developed teleport technology and through that, accidentally unleashed a bunch of monsters that took over their base and killed everybody. Puh-leeze. That's nothing but a blatant rip-off of the original DooM's plot. :D

Uh, you miss the point, since that wasn't really the innovative part of Half-Life. The part which was considered that way at the time was how the story was actually integrated into the game.