Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
durandal9

Does Doom 3 support 7.1 sound?

Does Doom 3 support 7.1 sound?

From what I have been reading it seems it does not. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card, and Doom3 does not detect surround sound if I have my control panel speaker settings in 7.1 sound. It does if I set it to 5.1 sound (which is pretty ackward since my system has a 7.1 speaker setup).

I think Doom3 will only support 5.1 sound, but I would hate to play through the whole game and find out I had driver issues or something and that I could have played it with 7.1 sound...

Darn... I just realized that with this configuration the sound suddenly goes mute! No sound! I have to go back to the main menu, check out surround sound to get sound back. I can re-enable the surround sound option but it will suddenlty go mute again during gameplay. Anybody experience this problem?

Trust me...Your not the only one having the problem. After talking to Activision several times, it appears to be a nForce chipset problem, but others have describe having the same problem even without a nForce chipset. I've tried everything from switching PCI slots, and updating drivers, to installing a fresh OS with nothing but drivers and DOOM 3, and nothing works. The only thing we can do is wait for a patch. I wish I had better news.