Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gard0652

Doom3.exe

I'm not the most computer talented person in the world but I have windows ME and am trying the hex editing trick but cannot find the doom3.exe file for the love of god, where is it? By the way ive waited two weeks to play this game and its pissing me off! thanks a lot

I tried to find that file, but i still can't. Am i supposed to be searching the cd because ive searched everywhere,including the cd; and also what does the icon look like, ive seen many doom 3 files but they all seem to start up the application and i can't open them with a hex edit tool like the rest.
I also checked out that link you gave me it seems like thats a hell of a lot of work, but if all else fails i guess i might resort to that.

(as HackNeyed said) install the game, then modify the exe. please let us know if it worked....
personally I think the msi modification is unreasonable and only advocates piracy. if you have a system strong enough to play doom3, you can install winXP and play it IMHO.

try this... after you install the game... if you didnt tell it otherwise it'll be C:/Program Files/Doom 3/Doom3.exe

if that doesnt work, then go to the start menu and then Search... click All Files and Folders then in the top box where it says 'All or part of the file name' type doom3.exe and if you STILL cant find it... your boned lol return it to the store or go buy it in the 1st place :)

DEMOn said:

(as HackNeyed said) install the game, then modify the exe. please let us know if it worked....
personally I think the msi modification is unreasonable and only advocates piracy. if you have a system strong enough to play doom3, you can install winXP and play it IMHO.

The idea that it would be considered piracy because they don't own the recommended operating system for a game is a bit ludicrous. It could be violating a software agreement perhaps, but it's not really piracy. This is all assuming the person actually purchased it.

you miss the point, to do this, you modify and re-create the iso image of the first disk and burn a new one... right? This process doesn't have anything to do with the target OS necessarily.
as always, the burden is on the user to act in a legal manner with their software...

I don't know if I am technically good enough with computers to be able to do the iso cd way, and I cannot find the doom 3.exe file with all your guys help, ive had to look for them in the past and have had no problems with other games but for some reason it seems hidden, thanks for all the help.

Gard0652 said:

I got it working everyone thanks!

Before the thread is closed, do you wish to share what the problem was exactly and how you got around it? It could help other users.

I just got mixed up with the doom 3.exe file because the file itslef is not labled as ".exe", it is right next to your base file and I think doc file, anyways thanks.

LOL, don't you hate those XP-only marketing plots that force it to not run on older OS's when they could be run with only two bytes needed to modify....

WIN98/ME FOREVER!

but if you can run doom3, seriusly, use winxp, crash almost nothing!!!

The other day i installed win98 again.... and sure i will never do that!! Crash every hour, slow.... meh.... maybe its my system... (my TWO system...)