Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomZero

Doom 3: How 'amazing' do the graphics need to be?

Okay. I've been noticing Doom 3 won't work shit on my Pentium II Processor. It will really suck if I can't even play it. Do you thing it'll be 'Pentium 4 Recommended'? Damn, if it is, it better come out for X-Box, which I will be owning as soon as possible. What do you guys think?

Plus, I'm not all that new. You can read some of my work on the Fanfiction Section. I assure you, NONE of it is in post hell.

I'm happy this game needs a whole new upgrade in order to run DECENTLY (read : not orange-smoothie). It allows you to set a new bar in graphics AND engine features.

I'm pretty sure it will be ported to the X-Box, but that means playing it at a resolution inferior to 640x480, with crappier textures or chopped detail (there's one hell of a difference between 256 megs of RAM and 64 megs) and some messy 16x FSAA.

Would it look good on TV? Hell yeah, best graphics ever for the X-box, no doubt. But I'll stick to my PC. Afterall, each id-licensed game will have higher requirements, whatever Epic makes after UW will have higher requirements, whatever Monolith or other companies do will have the same performance.

It's a new bar. One of those few upgrades that are worth your money. Embrace it.

I want the system requirements to be rediculously high. Thats what i like about Id, they are always rasing the bar in Games Engines and System requirements.

I think you WILL (realistically(?))need a Pentium IV or AMD Athlon.

or if you want it smooth, an overclocked Athlon XP 1800+ with Ti 500, or something... :)

i upgrade more than i should, so this game will make me feel its worth it :)

The Doom 3 engine was developed at id software on 1Ghz AMD Athlons with a GeForce DDR (and later, GeForce3 DDR) in them. People claiming that "Doom3 will require a Pentium IV 2Ghz" are out of their friggin minds.