DOOM 3 BFG Edition - Debut Trailer

I might as well just pass on this waste of time and effort since it will just be too easy now.

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. Chris said:

I might as well just pass on this waste of time and effort since it will just be too easy now.

I'll buy it, but I can't imagine how anyone could think Doom 3 was too difficult.

Are id just getting old and losing their perspective?

Share this post


Link to post

The only hard moment on the game in my opinion was the boss of RoE (and I played on Hard, just not Nightmare yet). Though playing with a gamepad can be a bit more slow/inaccurate maybe.

Also, this pack does not include Final Doom nor Master Levels. Steam had a better deal on the Quakecon days. =P And honestly I'm not really excited over the Oculus Rift. I wish they could release only the lost epidoe as DLC but that's unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post

This is not a waste of time and effort. Also, to answer a few this game is going to be made MUCH more difficult and much longer. It will be more in line with the original DOOM's and should be pretty good. Also, the only reason it looks so damn bright is because somebody turned the brightness all the way up on their God damn computer... P.S I'm getting this game for the XBOX 360...

Share this post


Link to post
idSoftware981 said:

This is not a waste of time and effort. Also, to answer a few this game is going to be made MUCH more difficult and much longer. It will be more in line with the original DOOM's and should be pretty good. Also, the only reason it looks so damn bright is because somebody turned the brightness all the way up on their God damn computer... P.S I'm getting this game for the XBOX 360...


I can't recall them saying it will be harder, source?

Share this post


Link to post
idSoftware981 said:

this game is going to be made MUCH more difficult

Actually, id have said the exact opposite.

idSoftware981 said:

Also, the only reason it looks so damn bright is because somebody turned the brightness all the way up on their God damn computer

Again, id have stated that they've deliberately brightened up the environments and given the player a perma-flashlight so you can use it without switching weapons.

Where are you getting your information from???

Share this post


Link to post
DoomUK said:

Actually, id have said the exact opposite.


Again, id have stated that they've deliberately brightened up the environments and given the player a perma-flashlight so you can use it without switching weapons.

Where are you getting your information from???


There is no perma-flashlight. Id Software has said in recent news that the flashlight will have a limited battery. Meaning that you will have to not only look for ammo but batteries. And also, I'm actually excited for the changes id is making because they are trying to make DOOM 3 more like the Classic DOOM's.... my opinion though....

Share this post


Link to post
idSoftware981 said:

Id Software has said in recent news that

Ok, then why weren't you paying attention to anything else that's been revealed about the game?

Share this post


Link to post

Everything has been pointing to Doom 3 BFG Edition being easier/lamer than the original release, in an attempt to appease the "everybody's a winner!" console gaming crowd.

Maybe we're all being duped by what's being revealed about the game, but I seriously doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
idSoftware981 said:

Id Software has said in recent news that the flashlight will have a limited battery. Meaning that you will have to not only look for ammo but batteries.

No. It's regenerating when you turn it off. Also they added more ammo, More health and brightened the levels and removed monsters and obstacles. They made it a shit ton easier. Which is stupid since it already was super easy. What is most amusing at all is that with comments like "it's more horror action than horror survival now" Willits actually seem to think that Doom3 EVER was a game about survival.

If they wanted to make BFG edition worth buying, they shouldn't have bothered with making all those stupid changes. But instead focused on actually making the game fun to play. Like make the guns actually not suck. Make maps that aren't so god damn linear. Have monster encounters that aren't so god damn trivial. Make Veteran mode actually challenging. Make explosions actually go bang and not fissssss.

chungy said:

Maybe we're all being duped by what's being revealed about the game, but I seriously doubt it.

There's been oither releases where that sentiment has come across and somehow prevailed. It never ends up so though. Just a lot of unhappy customers.

Share this post


Link to post

They're never said that they're removing monsters. They're trying to remove shitty sections or make them better. I don't think a lot of people would be upset if parts like the spider and ladder room, the train section before you enter the sewers, and the barrel moving part in Alpha Labs were either removed or made much better.

Share this post


Link to post

There were a couple missions that had like 10 lost souls that came flying at you . . . “This is not fun.”

...

Share this post


Link to post
kristus said:

...


That's a quote taken out of context. The original is:

Ah yes, I have a perfect example: in the Alpha Labs, there was this part where you walk up these stairs, and the stairs fall apart behind you and Imps spawn in front of you. When we were playing through that earlier this year we were like, ‘this is not fun right here…this was a bad idea.’

Share this post


Link to post
Dragonsbrethren said:

He's right, though. It's not. Not in Doom 3's engine.

Are you serious?

Share this post


Link to post

Misquote or not, to be honest the lost souls in Doom 3 are kind of annoying because they're difficult to dodge given the cramped nature of the levels.

Difficult. Not impossible or game-breakingly frustrating. The impression I get is that id think Doom 3 was generally too hard, which is an absurd suggestion because it really wasn't. I'll concede that it overused certain gameplay mechanics (e.g. spawning imps) and it would be nice if things were changed up a little, but not at the expense of what minimal difficulty is already there.

Share this post


Link to post
DoomUK said:

Misquote or not, to be honest the lost souls in Doom 3 are kind of annoying because they're difficult to dodge given the cramped nature of the levels.

Difficult. Not impossible or game-breakingly frustrating. The impression I get is that id think Doom 3 was generally too hard, which is an absurd suggestion because it really wasn't. I'll concede that it overused certain gameplay mechanics (e.g. spawning imps) and it would be nice if things were changed up a little, but not at the expense of what minimal difficulty is already there.


You're right, it boggles my mind why Id is making the game easier. I'm not sure what to say about the lost souls though, when 5 attack you, they are VERY annoying because of the screen effect, they should have changed that instead. Oh well, if the new version of Doom 3 sucks, we will have Phobos instead and I'm sure I can count on user-tweaks (not the current ones though)

Share this post


Link to post

What I've played of Doom 3 is good, but just about every enemy is an imp.
Can you imagine if the classics were like that? X(

Share this post


Link to post

It'll probably be very hard on Veteran mode. And the reworked sounds.... I hope the DOOM 3 Pistol sounds like the RAGE Pistol... and is there a way they can replace the DOOM 3 Shotgun with the RAGE Shotgun?! I liked the RAGE Shotgun a lot more... it ACTUALLY looked like a shotgun....

Share this post


Link to post

Doom 3 Shogun is fine for me... but something on the SMG is really weird, like a very ugly version of a P90.

Share this post


Link to post
LkMax said:

Doom 3 Shogun is fine for me... but something on the SMG is really weird, like a very ugly version of a P90.


The shotgun in Doom 3 is the worst shotgun Id has ever made and the SMG is not much better either. I hope they will make it less useless and make the gun sounds more beefy. Huh, it seems that people like the guns in RAGE...can't blame them, they're awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

Huh, it seems that people like the guns in RAGE...can't blame them, they're awesome.

Indeed, the feel of the weapons in Rage and the various death animations of the enemies is one of the game's few redeeming qualities.

Dare I say it, I had almost as much fun shooting things as I did in Doom. id really learned from their mistakes in Doom 3.

Share this post


Link to post

I liked the DOOM 3 Pistol, just wish it sounded more powerful. So if id Software implements the RAGE Pistol firing sounds...


Also I wish ID Software could port the RAGE Shotgun into DOOM 3 BFG Edition... I hated the Shotgun.

They need to make the SMG black... and then when they do that make the SMG sound powerful!

Share this post


Link to post
idSoftware981 said:

I liked the DOOM 3 Pistol, just wish it sounded more powerful. So if id Software implements the RAGE Pistol firing sounds...


Also I wish ID Software could port the RAGE Shotgun into DOOM 3 BFG Edition... I hated the Shotgun.

They need to make the SMG black... and then when they do that make the SMG sound powerful!


Now we are talking! Yeah, better pistol sounds! RAGE had badass weapon sounds! The weapons in doom 3 were weak.

Share this post


Link to post

DOOMSLAYER! Finally, someone else agrees with me! Do you like SLAYER by the way? They are a great band. Also, if you have Xbox Live or an Xbox 360 please feel free to add me.

My gamertag is Hal0guy777. Expect to be seeing me playing Borderlands 1, RAGE, and DOOM 3 BFG Edition (when it comes out) and I also have DOOM 1 for XBLA! :D I also have it for PC with GZDOOM and tons of fun mods! Including my own mod that adds in SLAYER MUSIC! :D

Share this post


Link to post
idSoftware981 said:

DOOMSLAYER! Finally, someone else agrees with me! Do you like SLAYER by the way? They are a great band. Also, if you have Xbox Live or an Xbox 360 please feel free to add me.

My gamertag is Hal0guy777. Expect to be seeing me playing Borderlands 1, RAGE, and DOOM 3 BFG Edition (when it comes out) and I also have DOOM 1 for XBLA! :D I also have it for PC with GZDOOM and tons of fun mods! Including my own mod that adds in SLAYER MUSIC! :D


LoL. Random but yeah listen to SLAYER. I play xbox but my live account is dead. Whats the name of your mod for slayer music?

Share this post


Link to post
idSoftware981 said:

DOOMSLAYER! Finally, someone else agrees with me! Do you like SLAYER by the way? They are a great band. Also, if you have Xbox Live or an Xbox 360 please feel free to add me.

My gamertag is Hal0guy777. Expect to be seeing me playing Borderlands 1, RAGE, and DOOM 3 BFG Edition (when it comes out) and I also have DOOM 1 for XBLA! :D I also have it for PC with GZDOOM and tons of fun mods! Including my own mod that adds in SLAYER MUSIC! :D

Does this really belong in a thread about this? That's kinda more like personal networking and stuff, has nothing to do with Doom 3.

Share this post


Link to post

I know. But I also have a Steam account that has DOOM 3! :D It's Gordon Freeman on Steam! Feel free to add me! I'll play DOOM 3 with you anyday! :D :D :D

Share this post


Link to post
idSoftware981 said:

I know.

If you acknowledge the inappropriateness of advertising your online accounts, then why did you follow up with even more?

idSoftware981 said:

But I also have a Steam account that has DOOM 3! :D It's Gordon Freeman on Steam! Feel free to add me! I'll play DOOM 3 with you anyday! :D :D :D

I don't care. You should be posting that crap here instead: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/58721-dws-all-inclusive-360-psn-wii-steam-id-bonanza/

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now