Just a head's up, in case anyone is looking to pick up the BFG edition, it's on sale for $4.99 on Steam today as the daily deal (for Saturday, May 10). I don't know how many people are out there interested but haven't picked it up yet, but I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

Share this post


Link to post
geekmarine said:

Just a head's up, in case anyone is looking to pick up the BFG edition, it's on sale for $4.99 on Steam today as the daily deal

In Valve's infinite wisdom, $4.99 translate to €7.49 if you had the bad idea of being born in/moving to the eurozone.

Share this post


Link to post

I dont think the BFG edition is worth it if you already have Doom 3 and the RoE expansion. Just get sikkmod and you'll have a better looking doom3 than the BFG edition offers.

Share this post


Link to post
doomgargoyle said:

I dont think the BFG edition is worth it if you already have Doom 3 and the RoE expansion.

Basically this, but even then if you don't have either you're better off getting the originals for mods and original less-casual gameplay meaning without the overabundance of extra ammo and overdone lighting which kills the point in using the built-in flash light.

Share this post


Link to post

Lost Mission is worth $5. I paid $20 myself, and I don't think that was too much. I've played through it multiple times, enough to get my money's worth and then some.

Share this post


Link to post
Quasar said:

Lost Mission is worth $5. I paid $20 myself, and I don't think that was too much. I've played through it multiple times, enough to get my money's worth and then some.


Buying BFG edition only for Lost Missions is pretty pointless. Lost Mission was pretty short and they re-used the guardian boss from Doom 3 for the ending battle. Pretty crappy. Could anyone confirm, whether it runs on XP at all though? Or is it win7 only?

Share this post


Link to post

I nabbed it while it was still going. Haven't tried BFG Edition yet, nor have I played through Doom 3 in like seven years, so meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Gez said:

In Valve's infinite wisdom, $4.99 translate to €7.49 if you had the bad idea of being born in/moving to the eurozone.

yeah, that's why i decided not to bother. nevermind the fact i actually own all of the games in the pack aside from the bonus content, and i don't hold any particularly strong bonds towards NRFTL, really.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now