Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

So I saw Doom 3

Guys, you have to remember this was a non-playable demo (I think), and chances are that the game may or may not change drastically from now till it's release. And that includes how the game "feels", how the enemies look and react to your presence, and a myriad of other things.
id know what they're doing. Don't jump to conclusions too fast or judege the game in its present state. :)

DooMBoy said:

Don't jump to conclusions too fast or judege the game in its present state. :)

I think that the entire purpose of showing off a demo is that so we WILL judge it in its present state.

Linguica said:

ROFL, a GF2 is ultra cheap? I still use a TNT2.

MX 400

Hey, I got one. Remember Argentina's economic failure? I guess it's pretty damm cheapo on the US.

Linguica said:

ROFL, a GF2 is ultra cheap? I still use a TNT2.

Heh so do I... actually I don't even "use" it, I don't remember the last time I played any type of 3D-accelerated game.

Linguica said:

Shotgun: I think it was a single, not a double. The closest thing I can compare it to is the Serious Sam shotgun, although it had no reloading animation as far as I could tell. The chaingun looked like a chaingun. I think the zombie was holding it from above, like a "real" chaingun.

The big ass mofo that kicks the player's ass at the end was this monster I THINK. It slashes you and you die, more or less.

I actually was wondering if the player was walking during a lot of the demo, because he seemed to be absolutely dragging.

Ok, thanks a lot for the info.
The shotgun's reload animation may not have been implemented yet, but at least this suggests that BOTH shotguns are in the game, so I'll be happy for now :-)
Chaingun being held from above? Hm, depending on how it looks I may like it or not - I think I'd have preferred it to be like the old chaingun with a handle underneath (gave it a feel of being more handy than a modern minigun).
Personally, I have my doubts whether the big mofo WAS a BoH, but it might be anyway, seeing as they have transformed some of the old monsters into something entirely new (pinky and lost soul so far).

Hm, the player seems to be dragging along? Not good, not good. Oh well, as long as it doesn't become a total nuisance.