Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Look how Maonth has been inspired. Don't mind me, Maonthy =]

Fredrik said:

Nice geometry, horrible texturation.

Give me some proper textures...If you are talking about the color clash, then it's fixed (see screen 17)

Shaviro said:

Give me some proper textures...If you are talking about the color clash, then it's fixed (see screen 17)

Screen 17 is much better. You still need to replace most of the flat surface textures though.

Fredrik said:

Screen 17 is much better. You still need to replace most of the flat surface textures though.

which ones exactly? They're all flat. Or do you mean floor?

Shaviro said:

which ones exactly? They're all flat. Or do you mean floor?

Let's see... yeah the floor for example. And the ceiling.

And the boxes on the walls, for example. They could use a customized texture with some high-tech details.

Fredrik said:

Let's see... yeah the floor for example. And the ceiling.

And the boxes on the walls, for example. They could use a customized texture with some high-tech details.

the ceiling, floor and the 4 walls are not to be seen. The map is not done yet. The boxes on the walls (the white ones) are not what they seem. It's better in the game than in a screenshot,

Fredrik said:

Are not what they seem? They look flat anyways :)

They shine :)

Fredrik said:

Doesn't matter if they shine when they are flat :P

I WILL FLATTEN YOU"#¤&&#¤ :)

Shaviro said:

I WILL FLATTEN YOU"#¤&&#¤ :)

Go ahead.

This thread is off-topic btw. Go to the Q3W forums =P

Fredrik said:

Go ahead.

mah. I didn't post it :)

Fredrik said:

Go ahead.

Not quite, it's obvious that Maonth was inspired by what he saw in the Doom 3 videos, so in a sense, it's not off topic.
AND STOP ARGUING OVER PETTY DETAILS!

dsm said:

It's called constructive criticism.

dsm said:

Not quite, it's obvious that Maonth was inspired by what he saw in the Doom 3 videos, so in a sense, it's not off topic.

we were not arguing. I appreciate fred's comments :)

Doesn't particularly look like Doom 3 - looks like someone who's learnt how to create a pipe from a patch.

Of course it doesn't look like Doom 3 - it's Q3A with something built through inspiration of Doom 3

It's called constructive criticism.

Sorry, it WAS constructive criticism, but you guys dragged it out a bit too far, so it became what I see as needless spam (spam is ok, as long as it isn't needless) :-)

GS-1719 said:

Doesn't particularly look like Doom 3 - looks like someone who's learnt how to create a pipe from a patch.

Will these fulfill your expectation?

The place with a lot of pillars does; besides, the author of this map admitted that he was inspired by the macworld video when he was mapping it.

At any rate, it looks cool.
Maonth's also looks pretty cool - it only needs some better textures, but Maonth already told us that he can't get better textures, so I wont complain.

dsm said:

At any rate, it looks cool.
Maonth's also looks pretty cool - it only needs some better textures, but Maonth already told us that he can't get better textures, so I wont complain.

he didn't say that he couldn't get any better textures than those, he said the textures in-game would look a lot better than how they look right now in screenshots.
Evident:

Shaviro said:

the ceiling, floor and the 4 walls are not to be seen. The map is not done yet. The boxes on the walls (the white ones) are not what they seem. It's better in the game than in a screenshot,

Hm all right, but at least he said that the map wasn't done yet ok.