Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Hell Knight??!!

hey i read on gamepsy that the last demon we saw, the one in the 11 minute in game footage..or the drooly monster is the hell knight!!...does that thing look anywhere near like the original hell knight..it looks more like a rip off from the aliens movie

The birdman is the hell knight?

Man, that sucks. They should of coughed up the cash and hired Giger to do the monster designs rather than just churnout half-assed imitations.

I mean, look at the arachnotron and the lost soul/floaty head thing and tell me those are not Giger influenced.

On the downside, Giger has most likely never heard of Maya or 3DSMAX.

Uh... Tim Willits said that the last monster in the movie is the Hell Knight, which means the weird non-Birdman one.

Design, not construct. The difference being more money, less work and the ability to blame it on the underlings who carried out your plans when it all goes to hell.

Linguica said:

Uh... Tim Willits said that the last monster in the movie is the Hell Knight, which means the weird non-Birdman one.

Eh, he sounds confused, check out the hooves and all that, the shape of the face and body proportions and everything matches the hell knight.

Lüt said:

They're talking about that happy Birdman monster, not the thing that kills you at the end.

This guy, not this guy.

the latter is the hell knight dude. the former is the imp which kinda looks like the imp but the hell knight is so way off even if it was the birdman....lost soul really kicks ass as does the arachnatron...i cant wait to see the revenant, cyber demon, mancubus, archville and spider mastermind...oh yeah...and less of birdman please..that imp incarnation blows.....the dude with the bull whip, fu****g awesome and the heavy machine gun dude...HIS GROWL is tight...can anybody make out what he says in the 11 minute in game vid????(the part after "i smell fear"?)

"Die, Mortal".

And Birdman is a new creature, not an imp. The imp is that black jumping lunatic.

awwwwwwwwwwwww tight...i really love that voice characterization...DIE MORTAL!!!!!!!how come i couldnt catch that?

wasnt hell knight from quake? I dont remember hell knights in doom...

noo...the hell knight and baron of hell were the only monsters that looked like true demons... they were my favos!

I'll be pleased if the enemies convey the same fright and power I experienced back in Doom's E1, regardless of what they look like.

whatever happened to the inverted knees? Those really gave a feeling of something not being quite right.

DiSTuRBeD said:

whatever happened to the inverted knees? Those really gave a feeling of something not being quite right.

Birdman has those afaik.

Xian said:

wasnt hell knight from quake? I dont remember hell knights in doom...

In Quake there are Death Knights, not Hell Knights :) The Hell Knights in Doom are the less dangerous versions of the Baron of Hell.

IMO the monster in the movie doesn´t remind a Hell Knight, it looks more like a giant mutant, especially in the scene were the Doomguy is hiding and it walks by.

The transformed soldiers are very cool, I like the look and everything, the combo attack with tentakle and kicks, or that awsome chaingun!

Lüt said:

They're talking about that happy Birdman monster, not the thing that kills you at the end.

This guy, not this guy.

I think you're right Lüt. That new Demon doesn't even come close to the looks of a HellKnight.

Disorder said:

I think you're right Lüt. That new Demon doesn't even come close to the looks of a HellKnight.

Nope. He's not right. Willits said the Hell Knight was the big guy who killed you at the end of the 11 minute video.'

Drooly = Hell Knight

It's a fact.

yep! willits said so. i really think he knows their own monsters :)

Fredrik said:

No he doesn't.

hmm. Look closely. He has something else that looks like it.

*Sigh* here we go again.

They changed the Hell Knight completely because they didn't want it to be "just a weaker version of the BoH" - they've given it its own looks and personality now.
I'm sure that the BoH will look a LOT more like both the old HK and the old BoH.

Of course, I can't blame you for bitching (I did when I thought they'd given the new lost souls jet engines - luckily they just substituted the old lost soul with a "jet engine head"), but for the love of God (or a similar strong expression) wait and see what the BoH will look like before you bitch yourself to death - you gotta admit that the new HK looks cool in its own right (even if it looks very dissimilar to the old one).

Fredrik said:

Me?

It's not as much you as it's a lot of other guys in this thread.

I only opposed Maonth's statement that Birdman has inverted legs.

I don't care about people's opinions on which new monster resembles which original monster. Unless it's a completely retarded opinion.

Fredrik said:

I only opposed Maonth's statement that Birdman has inverted legs.

I don't care about people's opinions on which new monster resembles which original monster. Unless it's a completely retarded opinion.

Which is exactly why I wasn't adressing my comment to anyone in particular.
And since the macworld Doomguy ain't in Doom 3, I doubt that "birdman" is in Doom 3 - its geometry doesn't look quite good enough, besides, birdman seems too damn small to be a HK - looks more like it's the size of an imp.

dsm said:

Which is exactly why I wasn't adressing my comment to anyone in particular.
And since the macworld Doomguy ain't in Doom 3, I doubt that "birdman" is in Doom 3 - its geometry doesn't look quite good enough, besides, birdman seems too damn small to be a HK - looks more like it's the size of an imp.

Maybe he is an easter egg in a secret!#"%