Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Secrets

The original DOOM's had secret areas, I wonder if there will be any in doom 3, and if there are, if they will be easy to find or not, because theres so much detail in doom 3, it may be hard to notice small things that lead to secret areas.

Are you kidding?
Every id game since (and including) Commander Keen has had secrets - even in Q3A (albeit only very, very few). I think it's a pretty safe bet that Doom 3 will have secrets.

We will very unlikely find a lot (if any) of the "click-wall-and-it-opens" secrets though...

It's even questionable if the use key will even be back - it seemed that all the doors in the leaked video just opened when the player approached them like in the Quakes :-(
So if this is true, we'll certainly NOT see "push-wall-and-it-opens" secrets in Doom 3.

I think it'll be no problem for them to script such secrets. After all, in the leaked video, the player did operate a console to make the machinary move at one point, and he also operated a keypad to open a door.

an easter egg like a room with old stuff from DOOM1/2 (texture,2d item).or a computer that let you play DOOM shareware on it.

how to unlock,well i don`t think that id must have to make it hard to fine one secreat.just pay attention to enviroment,get a clue from them(active computer panel,area map,blood trial,sound,moving shadow)

Dark-tenshi said:

an easter egg like a room with old stuff from DOOM1/2 (texture,2d item).or a computer that let you play DOOM shareware on it.

Excellent idea. With the 'flash-like' stuff that Robert Duffy programmed into the engine, making a simplified version of Doom 1 that you can play in the game probably shouldn't be all that hard.

Mastaba said:

After all, in the leaked video, the player did operate a console to make the machinary move at one point, and he also operated a keypad to open a door.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

And yes, playing the old Doom 1 in the new Doom in some secret room would kick ass.
Such a shame that levels are too complicated to allow for secret levels - it'd be cool if there was a secret level where you had to find a computer, where you have to play play through and complete a certain map from the old Doom in order to solve a sort of simple puzzle.

They could do the Jedi Knight 2 trick where if you follow a certain monster without killing it, it will lead you to someplace interesting.

Hiding clues in former human banter could also be an option.

FlatHead said:

Excellent idea. With the 'flash-like' stuff that Robert Duffy programmed into the engine, making a simplified version of Doom 1 that you can play in the game probably shouldn't be all that hard.

If so, it would have to be incredibly cut down. I doubt if they did this it would be based on the original code.

Little Faith said:

Hiding clues in former human banter could also be an option.

Idle talk in Doom 3. Not good. Me no like!
I expect the only "conversation" to be heard from former humans to be stuff like "I smell fearrr!"

fraggle` said:

If so, it would have to be incredibly cut down. I doubt if they did this it would be based on the original code.

Maybe they can cut down the graphics to Quake3 standard :)

As it has been ported to cameras and such, I do bet it can be ported to DOOM 3 :P

Just like Maniac Mansion to Day Of The Tentacle...heh.

And I would love to see them port one of the Doom 1/2 maps, such as E1M1 or Map01...or one of them...all detailed and fanicified.