Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Espi

Original Doom models?

Just thought if ID has the original monster etc. models, I mean, they didn't draw them from scrathc right? Those would make Doom3 look much more like the original than any Doom-mod could be.

Actually, I think they may have drawn them from scratch. Kevin Cloud and Adrian Carmack are two of the best pixel artists in the industry. It wouldn't suprise me if they did.

I know they had models for at least a few of them. I was certain it was for all of them but who knows.

Guest Epiphany

I have a very old computer game magazine which contains a photo of all the additional Doom II enemies models lined up along side one another. I can only assume that all the original Doom enemies can be traced back to real life models somewhere.

Actually I think that not only do they have real-life models but computer models too, they did have access to stuff like that even back then. But I hope they don't use them, but instead make more intense, scarier models based off of them and to keep the poly count low. Unfortunatly, keeping the polycount low is hardest when you are dealing with entities that for the most part are composed of rounded and complex shapes (armor is easy to keep low polycount on, skin is not however and starts to look blocky at a certain point.