Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaJuice

What if Quake4 turns out better than Doom3?

doomedout said:

Yeah, in fact it was not as much babyish as it was cartoonish, People was laughing when they saw the demonss, and at first i used to defend it being a doom fan, but when i look deep inside, ITS FOR KIDS, the imp is cute, i could hug the cyberdemon, and the revenants look like goldilocks, c'mon guys admit it, although the archville gave me some incentive to play doom 2,

ONe word..BABYISH

You're crazy!
/Me waits for some guys to drag doomedout to the cuckoo asylum.

Kid, lemme give you a piece of advice: Stop telling everyone here that Doom is babyish 'n stuff, because people will only begin to really hate you (I'm already pretty much on my way to hating you) - and the end result will probably be a ban. Stop challenging your fate and get over with the fact that every other serious doomer thinks Doom is and was awesomely scary and cool (right now you don't seem serious at all).

Ok doomedout, listen up. If you start pissing off DSM to the point where he asks me to ban you, if he provides enough posts for me to feel it necessary, I will NOT hesitate to ban you. We're giving you a chance here to change. Thank You.

Yep. Satanic imagery, gory firefights, trips to hell and being knee deep in the dead. Just like an episode of Sesame Street.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?! I know dsm and BBG have already ripped into you for being a complete shit head. But I don't think I've ever hear a more moronic and offencive anit-doom, statement in my 19 years on this planet. Jesus Crist. You're lucky DSM and BBG are as forgiving as they are. If I was a mod, You'd be losered, and givin the title "I AM A MAGGOT AND I DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE" Fucking die you pice of shit.

/me eats a "Special cookie"

...now were was i? aaaaaaaaaahh knows :) :D doom is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! :)

:D

PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!!!

now put your hands where I can see them.. ;P

Please don't make this forum in a place like the stupid unrealtournament2003 place where there forum members out of complete and utter boredom go make stupid statments and hope they will get some attention. Post hell...say

Attention:
If I see one more post about how idiotic doomedout is, I'll delete it.
If I see doomedout post more shit about Doom being "babyish" or [edit]something else offensive towards doomers[/edit], I'LL DELETE IT!!!!

Do I make myself clear?

Now, get your asses back on topic.

dsm said:

If I see doomedout post more shit about Doom being "babyish" or "cartoonish", I'LL DELETE IT!!!!

/me clears throat.
Babyish may not be the acceptable word to use, but cartoonish is okay in my opinion. As Cloud mentioned, characters in original Doom are like comic characters, and now they're converting them into alive-like creatures.

Personally, I hope that Q4 will be Q2 with cooler enemies and with overall better gameplay.
The gameplay should DEFINITELY be mission-based in the same way as Q2, but with more complex missions and without the field comp telling you exactly what to do, so that you actually have to do a bit of thinking.

As mentioned several times before, If the AI is impemented well,I`d like to see friendly NPC that I can give command/help me fighting (like MOHAA and upcoming Unreal2/RTCW expansion)

dsm probably not in favor of this idea.= P

If DOOM3 engine can handle *that* large door area.drivable vehicle might be cool too.

Dark-tenshi said:

As mentioned several times before, If the AI is impemented well,I`d like to see friendly NPC that I can give command/help me fighting (like MOHAA and upcoming Unreal2/RTCW expansion)

dsm probably not in favor of this idea.= P

If DOOM3 engine can handle *that* large door area.drivable vehicle might be cool too.

Waitaminute, are you saying that there will be friendly NPCs in RtCW: Enemy Territory that FIGHT alongside the player???
One word: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to the Q4 intro movie.. I hope it will be as cool as the Q2 one

dsm said:
Attention:
If I see one more post about how idiotic doomedout is, I'll delete it.
If I see doomedout post more shit about Doom being "babyish" or [edit]something else offensive towards doomers[/edit], I'LL DELETE IT!!!!

Do I make myself clear?

Now, get your asses back on topic.

heh. sorry dsm. but there are some things I just can't let slide.

anywho, I really hope raven can do somthing special for quake 4. And they better be careful with there level desine.

(i.e. Not put fifty doors in a level that you can't open like at lest two other raven games I won't mention.)

dsm said:

You're crazy!
/Me waits for some guys to drag doomedout to the cuckoo asylum.

Kid, lemme give you a piece of advice: Stop telling everyone here that Doom is babyish 'n stuff, because people will only begin to really hate you (I'm already pretty much on my way to hating you) - and the end result will probably be a ban. Stop challenging your fate and get over with the fact that every other serious doomer thinks Doom is and was awesomely scary and cool (right now you don't seem serious at all).

There is some degree of truth in Doomedout's words, but his conclusions are wrong. Most of the demons are rather cute, but that doesn't necessarily make Doom a kid's game and even if it did it would not necessarily mean that it would be a waste of time.

HAMMER-STROKE said:

I am looking forward to the Q4 intro movie.. I hope it will be as cool as the Q2 one

I still need to see it:((( only know the quake 2 intro movie of ground zero mission pack:(
Please give me the movie....

I know what I wanna see, Q4 is a sequel to Quake 2, but I reckon, to show it off early next year, they should remake quake 2's intro in engine, that would so rock. Quake2's intro kicked so much ass, and in high-res and dolby 5.1 support and every other feature the D3 engine has.....Woah that would be cool.

LorD BaZTArD said:

I know what I wanna see, Q4 is a sequel to Quake 2, but I reckon, to show it off early next year, they should remake quake 2's intro in engine, that would so rock. Quake2's intro kicked so much ass, and in high-res and dolby 5.1 support and every other feature the D3 engine has.....Woah that would be cool.

Yeah, it'd be cool, but it would take too much of Raven's time - I don't think they would spend so long time just doing a demo which doesn't show any of Quake IV's gameplay.

Okay, maybe being so frank is not the wisest approach to stating my opinion, but then again lets not chide someone for their opinions, not to be judgemental or anything but people on this forum are the most devoted fans of a game i have ever seen, and in that devotion you start acting like kids, now let me rephrase my comments made earlier...no girls did not find it cute, girls that era mostly were into other things, and no baby brothers were scared of it...but the models WERE, and do not try to refute this, CARTOONISH, and in fact if you guys read carefully between the lines a few of ID guys conformed to this, so defending doom and doom 2 as not being cartoonish is in fact a contradiction...now that technology has reached a peak where we make distinctions, i cannot help to compare doom with other games and only one word comes out...cartoonish
I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, i just want to say that quake was more of a game for me, it had all the stuff doom and doom 2 dreamed to be, not withstanding the fact that doom was more inspirational...
now I ask once more, do not take this to heart, i mean no offense, i read your replies to my posts, which were i admit provocative but not rude, you guys start cussing me? okay
I was hoping to find a good engaging discussion bout this matter...
:)

doomedout said:
Okay, maybe being so frank is not the wisest approach to stating my opinion, but then again lets not chide someone for their opinions, not to be judgemental or anything but people on this forum are the most devoted fans of a game i have ever seen, and in that devotion you start acting like kids, now let me rephrase my comments made earlier...no girls did not find it cute, girls that era mostly were into other things, and no baby brothers were scared of it...but the models WERE, and do not try to refute this, CARTOONISH, and in fact if you guys read carefully between the lines a few of ID guys conformed to this, so defending doom and doom 2 as not being cartoonish is in fact a contradiction...now that technology has reached a peak where we make distinctions, i cannot help to compare doom with other games and only one word comes out...cartoonish
I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, i just want to say that quake was more of a game for me, it had all the stuff doom and doom 2 dreamed to be, not withstanding the fact that doom was more inspirational...
now I ask once more, do not take this to heart, i mean no offense, i read your replies to my posts, which were i admit provocative but not rude, you guys start cussing me? okay
I was hoping to find a good engaging discussion bout this matter...
:)

In short you like Qukae better then Doom. Fine. Nothing wrong with that. Then just lift Quake up, don't knock Doom. Yes, DoomII looks now primitive compared to Warcraft, but I still play DoomII. Not because it lacks graphics but it is a fun game to play! And I think I will have fun with DoomIII, plus I am doing a complex mod for QuakeII. But I don't have to knock Doom. Doom was and is one Hell of a game, even after all those years!

Doomedout: Why don't you just let this discussion go? It's obvious that people don't like your statement about Doom being cartoonish - Whether true or not, the result is the same: people here don't like to hear that their favorite game is referred to as "not scary".

Before I shut down this discussion I'll let one thing be clear: Doom was the scariest fps EVER back in its day - I read stuff about how immersive and scary it was in several magazines, knew several friends who were scared shitless of it (especially the girls who had seen it). With this in mind, little makes me take a person less serious than someone saying that it wasn't scary. How would you react if I told you that Quake was cheesy and not scary at all? You wouldn't be able to take me serious AT ALL wouldn't you?

Attention to everyone reading this thread, new announcement:
If I see any more posts continuing this discussion about Doom "being cartoonish/babyish" I'll kill 'em without further ado. Because this discussion does nothing good.

<End of discussion>

It would be great if Quake4 offers amazing gameplay, but judging by Ravens recent efforts this is really unlikely. Raven have churned out tired formulaic fps (SOF2, Elite force, Jedi knight2)since the original SOF was released.

fen boi said:

It would be great if Quake4 offers amazing gameplay, but judging by Ravens recent efforts this is really unlikely. Raven have churned out tired formulaic fps (SOF2, Elite force, Jedi knight2)since the original SOF was released.

Weird, I thought that everyone said that all Raven's games were superb. At least, that's what I've been reading a lot of.

Raven had better create decent levels and better gameplay for Quake 4 than some of their past titles.

Livo said:
Raven had better create decent levels and better gameplay for Quake 4 than some of their past titles.

That's what I've been sayin'! GARN!!

hell yeah i'd be pissed. doom 3 i love and want it to kick ass. maybe i sound like a simpleton, but how else can i say it? i fucking want some ass-kicking action in doom 3. actually i dont mind if quake 4 is better because there's always something better, who cares if the person making smth better than doom 3 just happens to be affiliated with id software?