Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest inferno

for those who think realism is the key

Guest inferno

a lot of good games i think could be improved by just one thing ...how you get more ammo. usually you just walk over a dead guy that has the ammo you need and BAM! its in your clip ready to go, what i would like to see in a doom is taking time to either pick up the gun and throw the old one away or take the ammo out of the gun and put it in yours. this isnt a major factor i care about but if the games gonna be realistic it has to have this.

In System Shock (1 and 2), you had a HUD and you had to actually point at items to pick em up. Didn't see a hand, but it was rather interesting.

Guh you say? Well... ummm... whatever. =^)

...should take ammo out of ground guns and put it into your backpack/belt/bandolier. Or directly into gun if noammo for it.
Or grab the new gun... take the ammo out of your old one, and throw old one down (others could use it but haf to have ammo for it).
Each dead guy needs to give varying amounts of ammo - like pig cops did in duke3d. Maybe the guy had been in a fight recently and only has a few shells left, you kill him and he only has 1 shell in his gun :)

Guest Sabreclaw

This is a good idea. As long as you don't have to actually bend over to pick it up yourself, because it's been done, and it sucks.

But instantly having their ammo has gotten old.
So has being able to kill a guy by shooting his hand or gun.

If a soldier is carrying a BFG, and you shoot it with an m16, *BABOOM*. The gun should blow up (Thank god for naturally Armor piercing rounds).