Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kederrwin

Editing ideas

Guest Kederrwin

I dont know about you, but I want a official Doom III editor to come with the game, preferably the one that they use.

I have also been wanting for AGES a engine that uses _Proper_ water physics, not this crappy solid stuff, what i mean is that the water can change form to its container.

Guest Firebrandt

Carmack said that the Editor will be contained in the main executable.

Do you have any idea what a resource hog molecular water physics are? Yikes, I don't think we'll see that real time for at least another 5-10 years.

Guest mancuvus
Shaviro said:

Yeah. Bring on the fluid!

i just want to see a good lava efect, i want it not like acid, i mean in the quake 3 arena if you fall down in the lava, you just die, but nothing else hapend just dies and thats all, you dont explode, the caracter doesnt scream, the display dont turn red or whatever.
i would like it la the water in half life, doing waves

Uh, they did say that the editor would be in the game itself (hmm, goto a secret level where you can change the maps of the other levels, WTF?... just kidding)

What they did not disclose is if it was going to be a mapeditor, or an engine editor (levels vs. hacks). Would probably be a mapeditor though.

You could theoreticially simulate water, but not with fluidic models. Just do it using 3d cube brushes, and rearrange them/make them move based upon the slope and gravity. Make these boxes quite small, but not too small as to eat up resources. Same goes for the lava, but with different consistancy.

Firebrandt said:

Do you have any idea what a resource hog molecular water physics are? Yikes, I don't think we'll see that real time for at least another 5-10 years.

You´re right, molecular dynamics are very processor consuming, and so per-vertex deformation brushes. At least we can expect some really cool surface deformation like in AvP. But if you want to do some FX with fluids, you could allways use satured particle systems with some good physics algorithms.

Guest Kederrwin
Firebrandt said:

Yes I know how much processor power the water pysics would take up, I just want some well, chunky water to put it plainly, just some basic water that moulds to its environment.