Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rekko

Codename: DOOM

Finally managed to make the first public announcement of the mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/codename-doom

Codename: DOOM aims to re-create the old DOOM in id Tech 4, adding a realistic touch to everything. It started out a looong time ago, even had a small team working on it. But it all went down with the time, leaving only a few working on the mod. Right now I'm trying to gather another small team of modders willing to contribute to this project.

Cool, another Classic Doom Remake mod .
EDIT : Just checked the screenshots and i must say this look cool, Keep going, i wanna see a Full Classic Doom 3 Mod .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Cool, another Classic Doom Remake mod .
EDIT : Just checked the screenshots and i must say this look cool, Keep going, i wanna see a Full Classic Doom 3 Mod .

Will try. What you see in the screenshots is bascially a tiny bit of what's planned for the mod (visuals/gameplay).

Am I the only one sick to death of seeing these classic DOOM remakes?

MFG38 said:

Am I the only one sick to death of seeing these classic DOOM remakes?

Except that no one fully remade all of it's levels on IDTech4 .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Except that no one fully remade all of it's levels on IDTech4 .

Doesn't change the fact that there's a literal fuckton of remakes of the first episode, let alone E1M1. Granted, there's no denying its iconic nature, but in any case, the remakes all look so similar - if not visually, at least in terms of the level layouts. And to me, that's a huge turn-off. I'd much rather see a remake that builds upon that foundation for once instead of being another carbon copy of it.

I enjoyed Classic Doom. This looks like an interesting take as well with a different goal.

What I'd like to see is someone attempt to remake Doom 3 or DOOM levels in the original Doom, maybe taking some liberties for some more classic-style design (more enemies, slightly more backtracking maybe, etc.

The level screenshots look quite promising! While I' m not a fan of classic Doom monster remakes, your's took at least some artistic liberties.

Hey all! rekko has asked me to make some concept art for this mod, stay tuned in the next couple of days to see some sneak peaks of what me and rekko have in store! :D

Good luck with the mod, looks pretty fun and amazing too, would be interesting to play some Classic Style DOOM 3.