Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
skadoomer

trippy atmosphere

i had a revilation last night on how the new doom game should play. I was pretty tripped out and watching the mac world footage when it hit me: Imagine playing this game from inside your monitor. you can see stright ahead, to the left and right and behind you as well. Like playing the game from insife a glass cube. Like playing aliens t.c. its very dark, quiet. Shadows dance like demons along the wall when you hear a guiet growl behind you. You turn around to see a demon standing there and jump away into the sahdows before you can fire at it. In the distance you catch another demon in the shadows. You realise that your being hunted. You only know of two, but you can hear that theres more. You cock your shotgun and fire into the shadows. A fimiliar thud hits the floor. You look back to the shadows.....the other demon is gone.

Imagine playing a game like this....it had me pretty bugged out. Yeah so share your thoughts on errr, doom and drugs and shit.

While the helmet idea sounds pretty good to me, jsut how many people would be willing to buy it?
Oh yeah, skadoomer nice little story you had there.

Well, let's see...what do we need?

First, the Helmet. It should contain a nice set of TV output glasses with ultra high resolutions, something that is quite hard to get right in such tiny surface. DSH technology compatible headphones and a gyroscope that would process all the head movements. Of course, this NEEDS game built-in support.

Done, now you need some new controllers, because you can't walk and fire a plastic weapon. There's no room for that. I guess the best thing you can do is sit down and use your default mouse/keyboard. No other controller has been found to work better.

What Zaldron said, only that the head set is ACTUALLY helmet shaped, becuase it is heavy, becuase we have microprocessors in there with a GE-FORCE-III acompanied by a large battery and a plastic gun with an analog pad on it. There we go, now we can play Doom walking down the street...and accidently wander into the road... and get hit by a car and only thing it was the cyberdemons missile.. lol...DAMN MANCUBUS!!!