This isn't Call of Duty: Modern DOOMFare 4. Do you understand that?
- Cover based system. Dodging attacks is too hard. It's more fun to hide behind a crate.
- Auto regenerating health, so no health packs. This way a lot of money can be saved because level designers don't need to balance out encounters and power ups.
- No real secrets, secret and easter eggs should be on your path and very obvious because development costs are way too high to implement secrets nobody will find because nobody likes replayability.
- Linear levels. Gamers don't like multiple paths. It's too confusing.
- Even though the levels are linear, everything should be pointed out with a compass or an arrow on screen. If a player stays too long in an area the path should be highlighted too.
- No possibility to quick save. There should only be checkpoints. Preferably right before a 1 minute cutscene
- Doom should have a LOT of cut scenes you can't skip. Games should have emphasis on story not on gameplay.
- Quick time events is what separates good games from bad games. Just like in the excellent game Duke Nukem Forever, it's fun to tap a button just to force a door open.
- Since nobody uses mouse and keyboard anymore, mouse control should be messed up with mouseaccel you can't turn off because nobody cares about mouse control
- the only gamepad in existence is the xbox360 controller. So no support for other controllers.
- Pre-order bonusses: Only when gamers preorder Doom4 then they should receive all weapons. Just like in Rage.
- DLC: There should be DLC on day 1 of release. With extra mappacks every month for 6 months at 20 euros per mappack
- No modtools or map making software will be released to the public, so DLC will sell better
- The PC version has to be a port that only works on 10% of all PC's at release
- Charge for patches
Regenerating health? That isn't DOOM....
No secrets? This is DOOM buddy. We need secrets it's part of DOOM.
Linear Levels? DOOM 2 didn't have linear levels. It was open and creative. We gamers like OPEN levels. Multiple paths in a level is good and that's what DOOM did right.
Compass and Arrow on the Screen? Boy you've been playing too much Modern Warfare....
No way to Quick Save? Dude, are YOU sure your even a DOOM fan?
Cutscenes? THIS ISN'T FUCKING MODERN WARFAG 3!!!! AND A VIDEO GAME ISN'T A VIDEO GAME IF IT ABUSES CUTSCENES A LOT.
Besides John Carmack once said "Story in a video game, is like a story in a porn movie. It's supposed to be there, but it's not expected."
Also, DOOM 1 had no story. Am I right fellas?
Quick time events?? DID A FUCKING COD FANBOY OR DNF FANBOY WRITE THIS POST???
Messed up Mouse-Control???? id Software... please don't take this idiot seriously. Mouse should be the most precise controller and the most awesome controller to use. Also, your incorrect I still play PC games with a keyboard and mouse!
Gamepad in existance? Boy, were you dropped on the head as a kid? Because, DOOM doesn't need no stupid gamepads. It just needs a mouse and keyboard.
Pre-order bonuses? Dude, just stop with the modern bullshit. It isn't DOOM.
DLC??? WE DON'T NEED MORE FUCKING DLC. JUST PUT THE GODDAMN CONTENT ALREADY IN THE GAME AND WAIT FOR THE FUCKING SEQUEL!!!
No modtools or editing map tools???? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU????? OF COURSE WE NEED MODTOOLS AND EDITING TOOLS. DOOM 3 HAD PLENTY OF MODS.
The PC port should be a port that only works 10% at release....
Admin, or whoever you are that's in charge of this thread... I hope you fucking ban this COD fanboy. I mean, you, me, and pretty much everyone played DOOM 1 on the MS-DOS and on the Computer... what the fuck does this kid know? He's just a stupid COD fanboy.
Also, Modern gameplay mechanics aren't DOOM....
What WE veteran DOOM fans want to see in DOOM....
- Medkits, yeah lots of Medkits
-Secrets!, plenty of secrets
-Non-linear levels like good ol' Classic DOOM!
-No compass or arrow on the screen!
-Quick save whenever we feel like it!
-No fucking boring Quick Time Events
-Lots of mouse control, show the inferior console gamers that the PC mouse and keyboard is the most SUPERIOR controller.
-No gamepad support
-No pre-order bonuses
-Modding tools, and map-making
-PC version that will work 100% just like consoles
-Old-school Classic DOOM gameplay
-Lots of blood and guts
-Lots of metal
-Lots of Classic DOOM styled monsters, levels, and weapons.
-7 Weapon Limit (Like in Classic DOOM)
-Possibly remake of DOOM 1 on id Tech 5.....
-Possibly something that feels like the DOOM we all know and love (Classic DOOM)