DOOM Lives! Teaser trailer inside.

DooM_RO said:

It is not a rumor, it is fact.
However, I am not quite convinced by the Cyberdemon...it could also be a Mancubus for all we know.


It has horns, it's a cyberdemon. Why would they use anything else then the most famous Doom monter for the teaser?

Share this post


Link to post
Archi said:

Btw, Cyberdemon is too small, I think.

Maybe they showed the mini-me little cyberbro version. ;)

It was good to hear the door sound. If the doors don't sound like that in game, I'll be annoyed.

Now we need some gameplay vid. *Waits another year.*

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

It has horns, it's a cyberdemon. Why would they use anything else then the most famous Doom monter for the teaser?


Judging by the muscular body, horns and only one arm has a gun, it is the cyberdemon, mancubus is fat, doesn't have horns and has guns in his both arms.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure we'll get enough info at Quakecon. They can't just cocktease us a whole month and then just show some more cybie close up shots...they can't...

Kaskaum said:

Judging by the muscular body, horns and only one arm has a gun, it is the cyberdemon, mancubus is fat, doesn't have horns and has guns in his both arms.


For some reason I thought it had guns in both arms...they don't really show it.

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

I'm sure we'll get enough info at Quakecon. They can't just cocktease us a whole month and then just show some more cybie close up shots...they can't...



For some reason I thought it had guns in both arms...they don't really show it.


It has a hand in the other arm, along with the hand, it has come kind of claw for some melee attack.

They may got inspired by this deviant artwork:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/353/7/3/let__s_do_doom_pt5__cyberdemon_by_mechanubis-d5oiezm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Looking at the weapon, it looks more like some plasma-BFG gun than a rocket launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Kaskaum said:

Looking at the weapon, it looks more like some plasma-BFG gun than a rocket launcher.


Yeah, that's why I thought it's a mancubus.

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

Yeah, that's why I thought it's a mancubus.


But all its characteristics are the same as the cyberdemon.

Look also that there is a UAC logo in the gun, so in this reboot, somehow, UAC created this monster. So it will be like the Umbrella Corp. in Resident Evil?

Share this post


Link to post

10/10 must have game for people that own Nvidea graphics cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Kaskaum said:

But all its characteristics are the same as the cyberdemon.

Look also that there is a UAC logo in the gun, so in this reboot, somehow, UAC created this monster. So it will be like the Umbrella Corp. in Resident Evil?


It's more likely that demons stole some UAC technology and incorporated it in their own bodies during the invasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Patrol1985 said:

It's more likely that demons stole some UAC technology and incorporated it in their own bodies during the invasion.


Maybe you're right, because this technology UAC created allows fusion between biologic matter and machine.

Share this post


Link to post

Liked that door sound effect... +1

Share this post


Link to post
Patrol1985 said:

It's more likely that demons stole some UAC technology and incorporated it in their own bodies during the invasion.

the teaser :
we where standing on the edge of discovery. A powerfull technology with infinite posibilities. instead we let them in. Fused an unholy union of flesh and metal. now this brave new world has gone to hell.


Humanity created a new technology, but they let 'them' in. It fused an unholy union / combination with flesh and metal. so the UAC caused the creation of that demon, but what is not know is if the UAC made it, or if it started to fuse on its own.

Share this post


Link to post

I can already tell it has a weakness. I'm still hoping for a 25 story tall full bodied Icon of Sin.

Share this post


Link to post

For a moment I thought they were going to take the lame Doom movie storyline and shove it into the game. Maaan, that would have sucked.

Share this post


Link to post

So, it took them 6 years to create a foggy environment and a monster model. Maybe we'll have a single playable level by 2030?

This trailer sucks, I can't stand the cinematography. Nothing but close up shots revealing absolutely nothing, it mostly looks like visual noise and it strains my eyes to look at it. I'm not kidding, trailers like these literally strain my eyes trying to look at what it is I'm seeing. When you zoom in that close when things are moving, everything looks abstract. I couldn't tell what most of the shots were aside from "I'm looking at an unidentifiable piece of a monster."

The monster design looks nice when they zoom out and actually properly show it. Nice that they used the original door opening sound, but it doesn't blow me away because it's obviously meant to get people excited, and I can see right through that tactic. What would actually excite me is some gameplay footage (even if faked) to just show the concept of what I would be playing if I got the game. Until then, this "reveal" is meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

So, it took them 6 years to create a foggy environment and a monster model. Maybe we'll have a single playable level by 2030?

This trailer sucks, I can't stand the cinematography. Nothing but close up shots revealing absolutely nothing, it mostly looks like visual noise and it strains my eyes to look at it. I'm not kidding, trailers like these literally strain my eyes trying to look at what it is I'm seeing. When you zoom in that close when things are moving, everything looks abstract. I couldn't tell what most of the shots were aside from "I'm looking at an unidentifiable piece of a monster."

The monster design looks nice when they zoom out and actually properly show it. Nice that they used the original door opening sound, but it doesn't blow me away because it's obviously meant to get people excited, and I can see right through that tactic. What would actually excite me is some gameplay footage (even if faked) to just show the concept of what I would be playing if I got the game. Until then, this "reveal" is meaningless.


It is just a teaser, they will show the game and an actual trailer in the quake con.

For a teaser, it looks fantastic and introduces a new approach for the demons to have mechanical parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

Until then, this "reveal" is meaningless.


It serves two clear purposes to me.

1. As you noted, get people excited for a new Doom game (results may vary, like in your case)

2. Officially announce that more will be shown at QuakeCon.

Doesn't seem meaningless to me.

It is no different than practically every other teaser trailer in existence. Just a tease.

Share this post


Link to post

God damn it I wont be able to run it at max :(

Looks like i'll have to get the console version

Share this post


Link to post

Most important thing: it lives. AND we know when we'll see the actual game. AND this essentially confirms a 2015 release. Sounds good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Kaskaum said:

For a teaser, it looks fantastic and introduces a new approach for the demons to have mechanical parts.


A NEW approach for demons to be merged with mechanical parts?...

... you did play DOOM and DOOM II for more than 5 minutes right? ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I am glad that there was a shotgun sound before the door opened. Hopefully that means that the shotgun will be doomguy's main weapon and it will be the most awesome shotgun ever!

Although it may just be a reboot of Doom 1, I don't care. It would be nice if they could do a proper Doom 3. Same dark, dreadful atmosphere only this time with much, much better combat and visceral action. Also with big, open levels that you can explore and not closed linear ones.

The only thing I would have liked better was that I would have wanted the cyberdemon to have a hoof instead of that weird mechanical foot.

Share this post


Link to post

Fantastic teaser trailer. If the actual gameplay can be anywhere near as awesome I will be very very happy. Super excited now - it's been what 10 years in the waiting? Bout fuckin time.

Share this post


Link to post

All I have to say is that I hope it runs on Intel HD 4000. I just bought this laptop two months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Touchdown said:

AND this essentially confirms a 2015 release.


What makes you so sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Bucket said:

All I have to say is that I hope it runs on Intel HD 4000. I just bought this laptop two months ago.


Wolfenstein's recommended requirements include a Geforce GTX 460, which receives 2664 points in one benchmark.

Using the very same benchmark, Intel HD 4000 scores 456 points.... over 5 times less.

Sure, it won't hurt to try, but don't be surprised at the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now