Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

The Upcoming "DOOM" title Thoughts,leaks and expectations ... etc

Pinchy said:

So instead of the next Doom game having state of the art gaming tech like the others it's going to be chained by console limitations.

The worst console generation ever, where at release an average PC is still 2 years ahead hardware wise.

Console quality everything, the chance of proper modding tools like Doombuilder are thin.

Of all the things I don't want the new Doom game to be, this is the least of my concerns. Doom 3 was a bona fide PC game that pushed PC hardware of the time to its limits, it had modding tools and everything, and look at all the people outside of a small circle of dedicated enthusiasts who still talk about it...

DoomUK said:

Of all the things I don't want the new Doom game to be, this is the least of my concerns. Doom 3 was a bona fide PC game that pushed PC hardware of the time to its limits, it had modding tools and everything, and look at all the people outside of a small circle of dedicated enthusiasts who still talk about it...

Not only that but people like to take the chance to talk about how "shitty" and "boring" it is using all kinds of reductionist arguments. I find it strange that most of those people are PC gamers because Doom 3 was one of the last true PC games.

DooM_RO said:

Not only that but people like to take the chance to talk about how "shitty" and "boring" it is using all kinds of reductionist arguments. I find it strange that most of those people are PC gamers because Doom 3 was one of the last true PC games.

I was being sarcastic, because Doom 3 didn't exactly set the world on fire despite being a "true PC game". I wouldn't call it a shitty game, though. It was just an underwhelming game, and I think most people felt the same way about it.

On a completely random note, I'm replaying BioShock 2 now and I'm really disappointed with how the PC version is handled. The game has a very narrow FoV and you actually have to bind the key through an .ini file to change it (what?). There's also no way to turn off hints. Actually there is but, just like in the first game, it doesn't work and you end up having 'press x to stand up' pop-ups until the very end. They didn't even bother to remove the console gamepad buttons from the menu.

If anything, I hope DOOM4 has a proper PC version with all the features that should be in a PC version: FoV slider, turning off hints/highlights, etc. There's absolutely no excuse to not have those things.

DoomUK said:

...because it wasn't a Doom game and was worth one play through.

I don't know where to post this but here it is. So you know Bethesda is doing their conference during E3. They have just posted info about registration to the event. On the picture accompanying the news, you can see 'reserved' seats with different characters from Bethesda published games. Interestingly, in the back you can see what I believe is a vague first glimpse of Revenant from DOOM4:

It would be scary as hell to sit in front of the Cyberdemon. Might try to extend its legs out and smash you with its hooves. No way am I sitting in front of that thing.

Holy shit, that was unexpected. The only thing I can really make out on the Revenant is the missile launchers on his shoulders but this is still awesome. Is there a higher resolution version of this image anywhere?

Marnetmar said:

Is there a higher resolution version of this image anywhere?

I don't think so. Even if there was, we wouldn't be able to see a lot more than we do now. The pictures in the back are blurred anyway because of depth of field so it wouldn't matter.

Avoozl said:

The Cyberdemon looks weirdly shaped.

I don't see why. It reminds me when people were saying that the Cyberdemon looks fat in the teaser. It's called perspective. We see his torso slightly from a side (with his left arm being the closest element) and his head is turned, facing the camera.

The Cyberdemon is fine, just another example of whiny Doom fans who can NEVER be pleased if it's not exactly the same as the old Doom games. "There's not enough wires or the metal/flesh combination is too clean! WAAAAH WE'VE BEEN BETRAYED"

What do i expect from doom 4? Not much really since the game industry is nowadays what it is..

Basically I imagine Doom 4 to be an updated Doom 3 but plays like brutal doom. That's about it. :)

It is using id Tech 6. So it will be capable of a lot more than corridor crawling ala Doom 3. And things will probably be a little more sandbox-like, similar to how Rage and Enemy Territory Quake Wars went.

The environments they showed, even if they were purely for demo purposes, were big. It looked like it encouraged exploration. I have high hopes. If id understands things like speed, atmosphere, gore, awesome guns and no cinematics, then surely they know we want to explore, not go in a straight-line path.

Avoozl said:

The Cyberdemon looks cheesier than the original mostly because of the horns.

I'd take the new look over old Nostrileyesmcnolips any day.

Expectations for Doom 4:

It becomes an instant Cacoward winner. Category: Mordeth. The year: 2019.

I've tried, but can't think of any other expectations for this game.

I expect Doom 4 to be great. I expect the naysayers to be the first in line to get their copy of Doom 4. I expect a new Doom movie, novels and maybe even a comic or two.

GoatLord said:

What, the original cyberdemon DIDN'T look cheesy?

But the new one looks much more cheesier than the original one, the original was much more simplistic and had regular sized lower horns rather than ridiculously large above horns.

Avoozl said:

But the new one looks much more cheesier than the original one, the original was much more simplistic and had regular sized lower horns rather than ridiculously large above horns.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM what? The original Cyberdemon had oversized horns that obscured it's eyes lol! I think you need to check your bifocals. lol, "regular sized horns". I think some of you are running out of things to complain about.

Avoozl said:

DOOM 3 monsters don't have horns = "Nooo! Monsters do not have horns!"
DOOM4 monsters have horns = "Nooo! Those are not the correct horns!"

The point I'm trying to make is the designs are becoming cheesier and that I'm not saying the original designs weren't cheesy like what was assumed.

That design is cheesier? Wow. Ok. I mean, I can think of designs (including fan art) that would fit that description but the one in the teaser? No, not in my book at least. But I'd take a wild guess that if that is not good enough for you, nothing in this game will be.