Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sunny Day

Mass texture change? select all wall, floor, or ceiling surfaces

Mass texture change?

Hi, I am new to Doombuilder, not to game creation, I have used other engines for many years, just new to Doom.

I want to select all the walls in my level and give them all a single texture, the floors will all have one texture and so will the ceiling, is it possible to select all the walls in the map and assign a texture. I cant see a way to select all walls in the level or all floors.

Perhaps one could select all the textures in the level and say right replace all these with this one, Im not sure. The quickest way to re texture a level would be if we had a select all surfaces with this texture, or just a plain select all walls, then one can do a mass re texture.

Left-click your mouse in Linedefs mode to select the walls, then right-click your selection to edit it. Then simply set the texture you want (sidedefs tab).

If you want to change all instances of one texture or flat into another one, you can use the Find and Replace function in the Edit menu.

CodeImp said:

Left-click your mouse in Linedefs mode to select the walls, then right-click your selection to edit it. Then simply set the texture you want (sidedefs tab).

And then press 'C' to clear your selections. Sadly, it took me the longest time to figure this out.