Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaganRaven

When can I expect DoomBuilder 2 to come out?

Then don't wait and make your own compiled build of it. The SVN repository is public. Or download one of the compiled builds. Of course that's unfinished beta software, but you said you didn't want to wait for the finished version.

Cool! It's just like those unofficial builds of GZDOOM! I'll be sure to bookmark this and come back to it in the summer =)

Hey I just tried running this today and it didn't work. It doesn't exactly come with instructions for how you're supposed to set this up (what DLLs you should find or what to update windows with, where to put IWADS, etc.) Any suggestions for common solutions? From the look of the main site though it looks like the official build is coming pretty soon though.

I even did the stuff suggested in the "running doombuilder on vista" sticky and it was a no-go =(

When it's done.

I'll prefer to wait for an official release.

PaganRaven said:

Hey I just tried running this today and it didn't work.

You'll need to download and install .NET first. The "Doom Builder on Vista" thread doesn't apply to DB2.

No, I already have the .NET framework. I did use that download as an attempt to "repair" .NET to its original state and hope that might change something... and it didn't.

Even Doombuilder 1 gives me an error message every time I exit, but the program runs and everything saves just fine. I hate vista >=(

I installed all three of those things (SlimDK DirectX .Net framework) and it's still as arsed as it always was =(
But I'm really not sure wheter it was directX 9 or 10 or somewhere in between that I got. Now I know the public build is coming out in like, 4 days. Maybe I'll give that a go and if it still doesnt work I'll come back and gripe about it.

Sorry about yet another double post just for the sake of bumping, but I tried downloading the February 20 build of DB2 and that one works splendidly. So why is it that the two more recent builds are failing for me then, hm?

I believe you should wait an official release, just so you won't have to install tons of shits just to try it before its out.

The official release is working, so you won't hear any more whining out of me ;)
And I noticed now it tells me line special 160 is 3D floors! It used to be a 'mystery special' that didn't tell me anything. This is awesome CI =D
But why no sound? For some reason it feels kinda bare when drawing lines doesn't make any point and clicky noises like deepsea did way back in the days of old...

Code Imp is truly a Doom Mappers God, which is almost Doom God but a rank below... DB2 is EPIC!

Controls need to get used to, but now I can edit on my best pc!