Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mass sector selection?

In Doom Builder 2, is there any way to select a whole bunch of sectors all at once? For example, when you left-click and drag your mouse in Windows Explorer, you can select an entire group of items. Anything like that availabe in DB2?

I've got this rather large area in a map I'm working on that I no longer want to include. However, I don't want to scrap it completely. I put a lot of work into it, so I'd like to preserve it for future use in a different project. As far as I can tell, the only way to save it would be to individually select each and every sector it's made of and create a prefab of it. That would work, but it'd be incredibly tedious.

So, any method of selecting a large group of sectors? Or will I just have to go the tedious route?

(If there isn't a way to do this, there definitely should be.)

Use Doom Builder one. You can drag a box around sectors there. Surprised you can't do it in two -- I assume you've tried?

I've looked through every option that DB2 has, I don't see anything that could be it. Unless it has some really obscure name for it. I'll get DB1 and look for it in there. Thanks!

Edit: Ugh, I'm a dope. I figured it out in DB2. I was trying to find a "mode" it had to be in, such as switching to 3D mode or whatever. Turns out you just drag the friggin' mouse around the sector. DUH!

I shall now hang my head in shame.