Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Loading extra files on test launch

I wish to load more files (1 WAD and 2 PK3s) when playtesting but when I do that, they don't appear to load into the game even when it shows they have loaded by Skulltag. Even the custom music seems to be gone when I have them in the custom parameters, but the music returns when I remove the files from it.

What's up?

Did you load the extra WADs and PKs with your map in Doom Builder? Or do you want to add them without loading them in Doom Builder? What are you launch parameters? Make sure you use the correct Game Configuration for the sourceport you are editing for (the all have specific default launch parameters) Try opening your map and choose to customize the launch paramaters. You can then see the what the result parameters are. Verify that they are correct for the sourceport you are using.

I am attempting (Now I have) to do this with Skulltag, and yes I am using the custom launch parameters.

-iwad "%WP" -skill "%S" -file "%AP " -file c:\doom2\~Random2.pk3 -file c:\doom2\pk_weapons.wad -file c:\doom2\pk_weapDECOR3.pk3  "%F"
Somehow, I had to use several -file uses for said files and it appears to work now. Maybe my use of all the files in one -file within the "s made weirdness occur

-file "wad1.wad wad2.wad"
is different from
-file wad1.wad wad2.wad
everything between two quotation marks is regarded as a single parameter, so it's looking for a single file called "wad1.wad wad2.wad". Usually you only need the quotation marks if you have spaced in your path or file names.

Notice the space in -file "%AP " after AP. The AP placeholder repeats the quotes for each individual file, but this space could mess that up.