An editing question

So, you level-editing people, what would you rate yourselves in level designing on a scale of 1 to 10? I would rate myself at about a 7.

DooMBoy said:

So, you level-editing people, what would you rate yourselves in level designing on a scale of 1 to 10? I would rate myself at about a 7.

Did you forget the J/K and :) DooMBoy? :)
I'd give myself about a 5, more than 5 for technical ability, less than 5 for creativity.

You do mean 10 = best, 1 = worst, right?

-10 :)

Actually, I'd probably be a 6. That is, when I get anything doen.

I really don't know, 5?
Heh...
Well, I hope I get better while the time goes...

9 for level designs/creativity
12 for innovative ideas/concepts
6 for architecture/detail
8 for gameplay

Change=++=

maps- 4 :if lucky
story- 6 :what story?
rest of stuff- 1337 :its all i do.

Story. Strangely enough now I find myself writing a short intro story for my project...

myk said:

Way to go with the thread DumBBoy!

Why thank you, dyk! I appreciate your ability to be a smartass and insult me when I've not done anything wrong! Thanks!

DooMBoy said:

Why thank you, dyk! I appreciate your ability to be a smartass and insult me when I've not done anything wrong! Thanks!

Don't let 'em get to ya. But maybe u shooda put this in general tho,

well i jsut started and well uh i'd rate my self as like 3 for design 0 for gimmicks and unique ness and like eleventy billion for the senseless slaughtering factor

ravage said:

Don't let 'em get to ya. But maybe u shooda put this in general tho,

Why? This is related to editing.

9 for design/creativity
7 for architecture/detail
5 for gameplay

So that's like a 7 average I guess.

Two.

That's for the number of cents my post is worth.

* myk picks ReX's pocket and leaves him penniless

9 for creativity. It was lower, but now that I'm using JHexen, all the visplane and similar limits are completely removed, giving me more room to use my imagination.
8 - 8.5 for detail. I tend to go for realism and atmosphere than for high detailed maps. Sometimes, you don't need a lot of detail to get the atmosphere you're looking for.
9.5 - 10 for gameplay. One well placed, strong monster can create a much better effect than several weaker ones. I try to create the maximum effect with the least amount of monsters. This makes ammo and health placement a bit easier. Also, since I can change the source code, I can radically alter the behavior of any monster I want and even add new things to the game.

Hmmm... 10! I haven't released anything, so I can give myself any score I smegging well feel like! MAHAHAHAHAHA!

Umm but I am working on some wolfy weapons and enemies… there not as good as I’d like, but still fun so... 8 room for improvement. :)

Hey ReX, that map you released recently is a lot of fun to play. That nasty Archvile (is it after you get the yellow key?) roasted me a couple of times. The bastard!

Gameplay - 9
Architechture - 4
Design - 4.5

Yeah, I can make'em fun, it's making them look nice that's my problem.

When you all are so good at editing and designing, why don't we see a dozen 1337 maps in /newstuff each week?

Hmmm, it's a tad hard to rate myself, since of course I'm gonna be biased :P

I'd say a 6 or 7.

boris said:
When you all are so good at editing and designing, why don't we see a dozen 1337 maps in /newstuff each week?

Coz We're lazy.

Ct_red_pants said:

Coz We're lazy.

DOOM Anomaly Hears ya...

I give me self a big whooping slap-happy 4.......Cause I am really lazy to make good maps, and turn them in...

boris said:

because mock2 is taking over teh brain.