Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Good Zdoom level editor

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a level editor that's good for implementing zdoom features. Preferably one without sector/linedef limits, or that'll stop working after a few days (i.e. free). Also, if there's a good 'beginners guide' to acs somewhere, let me know!
Cheers.

Epyo said:

Zeth, but it's dos.

But there's quite a good chance that it will work for you in WinXP too.

I tried Zeth,and it worked in XP but it crashed every time I tried to save my work...

I personally enjoy Deepsea, I have version 11.77 and it rocks! Keep tabs on ZETH and see what you think, I used to use that editor all the time and really enjoyed it. WadAuthor is another editor worth looking into, I haven't really messed with it much though.

Of course the issue with Deepsea is that if you want the full registered version you have to pay for it. The shareware is usable but it limits the size of your map. I personally don't mind paying for it because it's continuously updated. Your initial registration is good for 6 months of updates then you have to pay a lower price than the original registration price for another 6 months of updates.

I usually wait until there are major updates to the program before registering again for another upgrade. Check out...

sbsoftware.com

This will give you further info on it. Alot of people vouch for WadAuthor as well. Look at them all and try them out see what works for you. Good luck!

BTW, I use Windows XP Professional.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Maybe I should try and make something with Deepsea one day...:P

I still use lame old WadAuthor...but I don't have a clue in hell how to do the wcf files for it :/

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Maybe I should try and make something with Deepsea one day...:P

I still use lame old WadAuthor...but I don't have a clue in hell how to do the wcf files for it :/

They're just text files, simply edit with notepad/wordpad.