Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John

Newbish Question regarding Alignment

Ok.. Im using wad author to do my maps but I dont understand how can I set the X/Y offsets for the tops/bottoms of a secotr.. *IE lights and stuff*

x and y alignments normally only apply to textures. is that what you mean, or do you mean you want to have a floor or ceiling that is lower or higher than some other part of a room.

If you have Wintex or a similar program, you can add new flats that are pre-aligned... I've done that before (created GATE1B and GATE2B for Y-aligned teleports).

"Pre-alignment" is probably the easiest thing to do. I've used it to make 32x32-off teleport gates, 16x16-off TLITEs, etc, and it's certainly no problem at all, most likely faster than creating a script (but not preferably if you need gazillions of off-grid flats :P )

John said:

Ok.. Im using wad author to do my maps but I dont understand how can I set the X/Y offsets for the tops/bottoms of a secotr.. *IE lights and stuff*

You have to build on grid...WA hilights the 64-grid. Flats align to this grid so if you want a teleporter to look right for example, you have to put it right on that grid.

John said:

How would I go about doing it in zdoom?

Ok, here's an example wad I made. I put a line in front of the start, and when you walk over it, it sets the offsets of the floor of the sector. But not the ceiling. Then I would have to make 2 lines.

Epyo said:

Ok, here's an example wad I made. I put a line in front of the start, and when you walk over it, it sets the offsets of the floor of the sector. But not the ceiling. Then I would have to make 2 lines.

kludge kludge. make it in a script:

script 1 OPEN
{
   sector_setfloorpanning(tag, x-int, x-frac, y-int, y-frac);
   sector_setceilingpanning(tag, x-int, x-frac, y-int, yfrac);
}
much cleaner and no need for excess lines on the map. plus you can use sector tags over 255 in scripts (though deepsea may support special args over 255 (?), wadauthor does not, which is what he's using).