Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Zin

midi2mus Problem

midi2mus.exe works for me normally, but when i try to put a midi i have that is 268k in size it gives me a "MUS Buffer Exceeded" dialog. I assume that is because the midi is too big. is there any way to convert this thing to .mus?

Not too sure about this, but I think there are other utilities that convert mid to mus. I don't know the name of them, sorry, and I'm not sure if they are any better in converting them.

The limit isn't just in midi2mus, it's in the actual game, so unfortunately no utility will help with your problem.

The only ways to get around it are to either reduce the size of the midi (the easiest way would obviously be to shorten it) or use a port such as Boom or ZDoom which lets you use midi's without converting them.

NiGHTMARE is correct. MUS lumps cannot exceed 64k in size, because the MUS format uses 16-bit offsets instead of 32-bit like MIDI.

iirc midi support has been in since boom, so it should be safe to put the midi in the wad, unless you're making something for vanilla of course.

Sometimes Midi2Mus doesn't let you convert things, I don't know why, sometimes things like that happen to me when using that program.

Now the question... how fo you import a midi file into the wad. Someone told me "under the mapinfo lump" But that makes no to little sense to me. Any help here?

There are plenty of programs that can import anything into the WAD as raw data. Use one of them.

I know that wasn't even remotely helpful. But in the general context, it was.