Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fanatic

New Cube Level

Enough already. The next I see people complain about the file size of some project, I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be nice. Nobody forced you to download anything, if the technical aspects on YOUR side (speed of the computer, internet connection) is not good enough, then too bad for you. Get over yourself already. I am saddened to see such low stabs, especially from you fred.

RTC-3057 hub1 will probably be a 25+ meg download. A guy approached me some time ago and asked if there would be a "low size" version of the game with midis instead of ogg/mp3. The answer was a big "no".

Download/don't download, comment/don't comment. Nobody forces you to do any of it. It's your choice. Just don't stab at the author for not doing what YOU want. Fanatic is offering you something. He owes you nothing, so you have absolutely no right do stab at him like that. Congratulations.

About the actual download. This song is amazingly cool, like most of your work! :)

Shaviro, I have not stabbed anyone in this thread. I suggested Fanatic in a quite gently worded way to provide an alternative download with only the map and I did so because I wasn't really interested in the music. I feel it's like watching a two minute Flash intro just to access a website.

If there's something you don't like, there's actually such a thing as pointing it out so it can be fixed. Hell yeah, you just did that now. Maybe you shouldn't have commented at all since you were just stabbing at me?

Job said:

In these days when cable connections and 80 gig harddrives are a standard, what is the big deal?

I don't have cable. And I do not have an 80 gig (40), but the latter is the least problem.

Fredrik said:

stuff

There's no harm in asking for another version (even though it seems pretty retarded for only 2 megs) but you just kept going and going. Wasn't it obvious enough for you? It seems to me you were only in it for the argument. Besides, my post wasn't only directed at you.

Fredrik said:

If there's something you don't like, there's actually such a thing as pointing it out so it can be fixed. Hell yeah, you just did that now.

I am a super moderator. It's my duty to point out when people are doing something wrong.

Job said:

In these days when cable connections and 80 gig harddrives are a standard, what is the big deal?

People with inferior computers with sucky connections and a highly improbable chance of upgrades in the near future. But then again, that's my fault. :P

IN MY OPINION, This whole thread is crap. Providing 2 zip files for a 2 meg file is ridiculous. Spend time downloading it if you don't have cable, or don't.. If you're bitching about the filesize you don't value what Fanatic has done anyway, and why should he provide support for someone who won't take the time to download his music as well as his map, that he worked hard to produce(yes even if it takes 30 mins)? Don't expect the author to take into account that you can't afford a decent connection(or whatever the problem may be, parents don't wanna get you cable etc) and it's pretty immature to direct your complaints towards fanatic and not your mommy or daddy or isp or god for giving you life.

Here's the deal.

If the point of the original 2 or 3 people was a request for a separate download of just the map without the MP3, they should have simply said "hey, how about a separate zip file with just the level?"

What I got was smart ass comments bitching about the file size compared to the file size of the maps in the Cube engine.

There was no request for a smaller download. Period. That's what pissed me off.

Hey.
I want you to put 2 MP3s in the next one, man.
What's this BS about just 1 lousy little 2MB Mp3?

And I thought you were a music guy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:)
:)

Dig the tune, man. Havne't installed cube yet.

Believe me, I was planning on doing a 4 minute tune (e.g. about 4-5 megs). But I wanted to keep it at around 2 megs for that level.

If you don't have my other tunes, go to my website and grab those. http://fanaticalproductions.net - I have 128 original MP3s there now, totalling around 308 megs. Suck on that! :)

Heh.
I still listen to Songs to Deathmatch With!
I'll go check it out.

I'm between houses (waiting for mine to be built) and my studio is packed. :(

Yay. Limits has provided me with countless hours of inspiration for my mapping! :)
Anyways. I will install cube and check out your map!

Shaviro said:

A guy approached me some time ago and asked if there would be a "low size" version of the game with midis instead of ogg/mp3. The answer was a big "no".

the option would be appreciated, even just having a separate ogg/mp3 download.

Well. You cut all the music and the sounds, you'll have half the download, but also half the experience.

Like somebody else said beforehand, this latest release from Fanatic is well worth the download and the mp3 is every bit as cool as the map. Its a package deal so Download it and check it out. I'm getting the rest of Fanatic's Mp3's as I just downloaded Natural Affection and it's very well done.....damn cool stuff. :)

This is definately a thread that got off on the wrong foot.

BTW, is this Fanatic, like "Marc Pullen - Fanatic"? In that case people would download his stuff just for the midis.