Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scarekrowe

Doom Builder Doors

Ok, just gonna start off saying yes I have read all the guides I could find about making a Doom level, including this Doom Builder Guide. With that said, I'm now gonna state my problem:
I can not get my stupid doors to be doors when I play the map. They wont open at all. I'm using DoomBuilder. Does anyone know of any good guides that will help me with DoomBuilder or will anyone state how to make a door. I'm doing what the guide I posted above tells me to do, I have no clue why they aren't working.
Here's the spects on my door sector
Length: 38
Width: 128
Ceiling: 0
Floor: 0
The two sides with the doortrak texture is Impassible and Lower Unpegged
The two sides that have the door texture is Double Sided with action 1.

Second Problem: I'm trying to make a level for DoomLegacy. Under configuration, files tab it asks for the DoomLegacy file/wad. The only problem there is no DoomLegacy wad so I just put the Doom2.wad. Is there something else I'm supposed to put?
Sorry I'm new to editing.

Do the two sides with the door textures have their first sidedefs facing out? ie. the "Tab" in the sidedef is facing out.

--------------
    |   |
   -|   |-
    |   |
--------------
Like that.

You're doing the right thing for the second problem.

Scarekrowe said:

That's probably the problem. How do I get them to face out?

flip them. Standard key is 'f'.

Ok, thanks they work now. Instead of making a whole nother thread I'm just gonna ask another question here.
1: How you make teleporters.
2: How you make switches open doors.
3: Is there some guide I can look at besides ask all these questions?

I feel like such an idiot asking all these questions but oh well.
1. On DoomBuilder, under configuration-files it asks for the DoomLegacy file. I have DoomLegacy but there is no Legacy wad. What do I put there? Just the Doom2 wad or what?

2. Every time I try to run my level (using Legacy) I get an error saying "signal_handeler() : segment violation." Anyone know what that is and how to fix it?

Scarekrowe said:

I feel like such an idiot asking all these questions but oh well.
1. On DoomBuilder, under configuration-files it asks for the DoomLegacy file. I have DoomLegacy but there is no Legacy wad. What do I put there? Just the Doom2 wad or what?

yep, the iwad you're using

Ok. This is my last question!
I remember when I didn't complete a sector once, I selected a vertice and pressed something and it made another line coming from that vertice that I could connect to the other vertice which closed the sector. Anyone have any idea what I pressed?

Probably INSERT or CTRL+D. But you cant just fix a sector with a single line, that requires some manually changing of references too. You better make correct sectors in 1 draw (or press SHIFT+INSERT to make sectors the WadAuthor-way).