Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

Make demons kill me fast

I want to use dehacked to make the demons in my wad kill me incredibly fast. What should I put in my .deh?

Make the projectiles do insane amount of damage. They're under "things". (I think.)

If you mean Demons, as in pinkys, you have to do some hax0ring, either replacing the code pointer with a more powerful melee attack, or having multiple frames in a row, which is kinda complicated, and I can't really explain it right now because my head is spinning.

hurmmmm so there is some way that I could replace the demon attack with like a baron melee attack AND make it only last 1 tic? I'll investigate!

Eh I already did that and it doesn't kill fast enough. I'm talkin as soon as it touches me I'm dead.

Epyo said:

Eh I already did that and it doesn't kill fast enough. I'm talkin as soon as it touches me I'm dead.

Put ten frames with the bite attack code pointer together, each with a duration of 0. That's a lot of damage that should kill you in no time. If you want no delay you have to start the attack sequence with immediate damage application. Currently there's a notable delay between the start of the attack sequence and the actual attack.

Hurr hurr now as soon as it touches me I'm dead. Awesome. And I only needed 4 of the frames.

mind explaining your planned application for this, if it exists? it sounds like it could be pretty interesting.

Epyo said:

Put two CyberAttack codepointers with no delay between them as the close attack - guaranteed to kill the demon as well as you. (one would probably be enough, but not always. The suicidal monster I have is a bit tougher than a demon, so I use two)

But the best solution would be like the kamikaze drones in DSV5...but I can't work out how they were done.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Put two CyberAttack codepointers with no delay between them as the close attack - guaranteed to kill the demon as well as you. (one would probably be enough, but not always. The suicidal monster I have is a bit tougher than a demon, so I use two)

But the best solution would be like the kamikaze drones in DSV5...but I can't work out how they were done.

I think their melee attack went right into their death sequence which had an 'Explode' codepointer. This is a very effective way to create mines etc.