Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deldelda

Pick-up lines and level names

I posted another thread about wintex yesterday ... dont know if this is possible with withtex, or what, so I'm posting another topic ...

I've played several wads in which when you pick up a weapon or armor it says something other than "You got the BFG 9000! Oh, yes." It will say things such as "boom-boom thing!" or whatever. Since I'm making a joke wad, I figured I could try to find out how to do this.

Also, I wish to do that with level names, on the bottom of the automap, and change the background between levels, and also add text inbetween certain levels (the horrible visage of the biggest ...).

Which programs do I need to enable me to do these things?

he was thinking of whacked 2, a windows dehacked

On a side note, you don't need the original exe's to use whacked 2.

Shit, I was sure this thread was gonna give me the secret to getting the hot girl next door...

actually myk, I was going to try to think of something funny about the topic phrase 'pick-up lines' to put in my post, but I'm just not funny enough :P

OK, I downloaded whacked2 and it's working great. Problem is, I need to get it to work with Doom2, or preferably, Zdoom.. It came with two configuration files (whatever): Boom, and Ultimate Doom. I've already designed a first level for my joke wad which requires use of doom2, and I plan to use some zdoom scripting (think of credits level from mock2) but I haven't yet because WadAuthor locks up when I load the zdoom configuration files.

On to the questions:

1. How can I enable WhackEd2 to be used with Doom2 (preferably with Zdoom)? (Download a patch from somewhere to 'fix up' my WhackEd2?)

2. Why does WadAuthor lock up every time I try to load the Zdoom wad configuration file? (Probably just corrupted, but it's worth a try posting about it here, ya never know ...)

that was weird!.

Oh and nevermind about the first question, I figured out that Ultimate Doom includes Doom2 (well it does for me) an that Boom includes ZDoom (again, it does for me).

So all that I need is an answer to the wadauthor-zdoom .wcf files compatibility thing.

PS I think I'll use that as the first level's name in my joke wad! :D

I thought this thread was about how to USE level names in your pickup lines:

"Hey baby, wanna see my Underhalls?"

"Can I play in your Entryway?"

"You show me yours and I'll show you Abandoned Mine"

"Can you sin? Icon [of] Sin!"

"Wow, I could date you, you're not exactly Grosse"

"I would woo you from the balcony, if I had one. I would even kiss you in The Courtyard"

(Flashes) "Look at DIS!"

And let's not even get into Final Doom names (Go2It... be creative)

Admit it, I'm so unfunny you've got to laugh :D

Aha, I'll try that next time I see her!

Jayextee said:

I thought this thread was about how to USE level names in your pickup lines:

"Hey baby, wanna see my Underhalls?"

"Can I play in your Entryway?"

"You show me yours and I'll show you Abandoned Mine"

"Can you sin? Icon [of] Sin!"

"Wow, I could date you, you're not exactly Grosse"

"I would woo you from the balcony, if I had one. I would even kiss you in The Courtyard"

(Flashes) "Look at DIS!"

And let's not even get into Final Doom names (Go2It... be creative)

Admit it, I'm so unfunny you've got to laugh :D

So true.