Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

Code pointer fun

I've been messing around with Whacked, trying out new things and making the game silly and such, but I realized the player can't have monster code pointers and vice versa. This comes as a problem, as I want the Spider Mastermind to shoot out SSG rounds instead of regular shotgun rounds (20 bullets instead of 7 I guess). Is there a way to do this without scripting?

if you have enough frames available, just insert 6 extra firing frames with the same code-pointer and duration 0 before or after the regular firing frame for the SMM. The sound is a problem though if you want to change it as it's the same sound as the regular sargeant attack sound.

How exactly do you add frames? I could use the worthless Pain Elemental respawn frames, but what do I do to them? Make them the Spider Mastermind shooting sprites or something?

From the last frame of the Mastermind's attack, set Next Frame to the PE respawn frames, change those frames so the Sprite Number and Sub Number are the same as the last frame, have a duration of zero, and continue on to the next unused frame until you're done. Then make the last frame refer where the original last frame used to refer. You get me so far?

Then add a BEX code pointer of whatever the Mastermind's attack pointer is, to each of the frames you used. There, it's done.

Ah, I thought it might be done that way. Thanks.

Now I can do some pretty kewl shit.