Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

do you like my demon + screens

If you're using zDoom you could do this easier with a color translation thingie. Also the level looks nice .. those demons are in the way! More pics of the level plz :p

script 200 OPEN
{
createtranslation(1, 64:79=[50,50,50]:[0,0,0]); // black imp

thing_settranslation(101, 1); // black imp
}

BlackFish said:

hooray for simple color changes in photoshop...

I did not use photoshop for it,only xwe i just did some sprite editing im kind a new at this,it took me about a hour to make these.
I know its only a minor modification,i hope i will get better at this some day.

More screens...well ok but i don't want to show too much of my wad.
Stay tuned guys,gonna make some more screens.

Shaikoten said:

The maps are a lot more impressive than the demons ;)

It is one single map about 6mb in size,replaces map01,music from doom2 map28 (my favourite track),new titlepic,new interpic,new sound effects,95% new textures used in this wad,little sprite changes(demon),and a new wrap arround sky(thanks to epyo).

Doom Marine said:

nice lighting

Lighting can make or brake your wad,so i put in a lot of effort to get the lighting just the way i wanted and with a good result i must say.

dutch devill said:

It is one single map about 6mb in size,replaces map01,music from doom2 map28 (my favourite track),new titlepic,new interpic,new sound effects,95% new textures used in this wad,and little sprite changes (demon).

The screens look really good.
But why a new interpic, if it's just one new level? *g*

Deathmatcher said:

The screens look really good.
But why a new interpic, if it's just one new level? *g*

I just wanted to look at something else than the original one all the time,and i like it better this way so i keep it.
It only took me about 5 min to make one,it wasn't hard at all.
Yes it is a bit stupid a interpic for only one level,but i don't really care,the wad only looks better with one in it IMO of course.

Try recolouring the whole guy in black, and keep the green eyes.

And yes, hooray for uniqueness in WADs, horray! :-D
Looks pretty cool, except for the Demons green eyes. Just doesn't look right.

I dunno...I think it'd look better if it was darker, and obviously, if you removed the red from his legs. Maybe he looks nice in dark areas, with the grey colour, but out in the bright I don't think it looks very good at all...

Maybe a bit darker shades of green to go with a darker skin too...

Levels look great as the others already mentioned.

Youre wright gonna make him a bit darker,im also going to remove those spots on his legs too.
And maybe ill change those eyes also,don't know yet stay tuned.
Thanks

Well i have changed it a bit again,i used some darker grey colors,and some green shades too.
I made the eyes red now,and also removed those red spots on his legs.
Does it look better than the all grey one or is it just got worse now.
Imo the all grey one looks better,but only if i remove those spots on his legs,and it looks good in darker areas i must say.
For the most part my level is dark anyway,beacause the lighting jumps more into the picture that way.
I tried to do an all black one too but i did not like it,i looked like a giant ink stain was coming at you:(

See and judge for yourself:
http://img34.exs.cx/img34/9774/doom00023kt.png

I think this one is by far the best. Looks very nice in my opinion. Because of the green spots on him, maybe dark green eyes would be better, BUT, the red eyes do match the bloody teeth quite nicely.

I still think your previous one, grey one, is too bright, even if you stick with that one, I think you still should darken it just a tiny little bit...

But anyway, if XWE did this last part, just by recolouring it, I'd thank XWE and keep it :-)

...I'm sure he looks pretty cool in gothic enviroments. Doesn't look right with that background though...

...On second thought, I can't make up my mind which I think looks better with your level. Please do take a screenshot or two if you give a shit :-)

Im going re-edit the all grey one:
-Make it a bit darker
-remove those annoying red spots
-and make some dark green eyes on it

And im going to re-edit the greenish one also:
-make some dark green eyes also

Then when im done ill show you some more pics,so you can compare them.If you have any other suggestions about these sprites im happy to hear them.Btw the last screen i was testing the monster on a original doom2 level,so its not a screen of my wad in progress.

After hours of work,im finally done with them i already have picked my favorite out of these two,but i want to show them both to you anyway.
Lets see if you pick the same one out as i did.

Here is the completly remade grey one:
http://img108.exs.cx/img108/1079/doom00002hj.png

And here is the other one you already have seen.
http://img108.exs.cx/img108/7660/doom00031jm.png

Compare and judge,i will be happy to know what you think of them :)

Wow! Excellent!

If you can match excellent gameplay to be as good as the map looks you will have a top class release.

A+ Sweeeet.