Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Vanilla Doom Teleporting sectors help

Ok so I've got my map out in Doom Builder right now and I'm trying to get some monsters from a dummy sector to teleport into the sector with the destinations. I don't know how to get this to work though, and I've seen this in many maps before( Tremor, Deus Vult). Help would gladly be appreciated.

Be sure your teleport line in your monster cache has the same number tag as the SECTOR you are trying to teleport to.

So the teleport line has a tag = x
and the destination SECTOR has a tag = x
There must be a destination thing in your destination sector. This tells the teleport line which SECTOR to send the monsters to.

A common mistake is to forget the sector tag or to tag the lines in the sector and not the sector itself. The sector must be tagged and the tag must match the tag on the teleport LINE.

I use monster caches in almost all of my Blind Alley maps. They work great

Be sure your creatures aren't deaf, and that they have some way of hearing the player. Containing them in a cloned sector from one the player is in at the time would work. Uhg why am I helping you...

Use3D said:

Be sure your creatures aren't deaf, and that they have some way of hearing the player. Containing them in a cloned sector from one the player is in at the time would work...

Oh, I didn't know that. I always built tiny corridors from the monster cache to an adjescent room and forced the player to fire his/her gun in there. That works fine also. If you wanna surprise the player, make sure the cache is far away enough, so that the player cannot hear the taletelling noises of growling and teleporting monsters, once they wake up.

one trick i loved was one pulled in Doom 2 MAP15. A bunch of demons, each given their own tiny cache at the same time, making them all teleport in almost simultaneously when they heard the player as he grabbed the rocket launcher.