Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch Doomer

My own custom monster

Ok it took me all day to make one,that includes reading help files and such.
But i did it my first custom monster is done,its not something all new its just an normal imp recolored and with his own script.
And scripting isn't as easy as it looks,i can tell you that.
The only problem i have and cannot solve it myself,is his Xdeath scene it won't splatter apart as the original imp does.
Even if i fire rockets at them they still die the normal way,they do ocasionally splatter apart if i fire bfg bolts at it.
Does any of you know how to fix this,it could be a simple problem i don't know.

P.s. dont look at the crappy map you see here,its not a wad in progress.

IMO recolored monsters are very lame.
And yes, so is the Hell Knight.

Im sure you put a lot of work in it, thats cool, but I just dont like it, I dont think its original.

Ok ok its not an original design,cut me some slack its my first one.

So in your opinion some of the monsters from the monster recource wad are lame too.

It probably only splatters with the BFG because of its health. Monsters only splatter if they take an amount of damage that is some amount more than their max health.

I think it looks cool. The normal Hell Knight can't be gibbed, but you mentioned scripting, so I take it you're trying to make additional frames for the Hell Knight?...

Hell Storm had a very cool Imp by the way, looked much like yours, but with more spikes coming out of its body.

gemini09 said:

I think it looks cool. The normal Hell Knight can't be gibbed, but you mentioned scripting, so I take it you're trying to make additional frames for the Hell Knight?...

I didn't said i was working on a hell knight,only the imp for now and its not completely done btw.

dutch devill said:

So in your opinion some of the monsters from the monster recource wad are lame too.

All the monsters from the resource wad are lame.

150? I wouldn't call that "too strong", but it does stop rockets from gibbing him. Unaltered rockets do 20-160 damage along with 128 splash damage, and direct BFG shots do 100-800 damage.

iori said:

Apparently the monsters from the resource wad think you're lame, and they considerably outnumber you.

NiGHTMARE said:

Apparently the monsters from the resource wad think you're lame, and they considerably outnumber you.

:)

iori said:

All the monsters from the resource wad are lame (because are recolored Doom2 monsters).

Not true, the Cacolich was made by Vader (talented artist), he made it from scratch. I believe it's the only exception tough..

iori said:

I think most of them are pretty nice,i wish i could make them as good as those:(
So basicly most of you guys don't like to play wads with some of these monsters in it.

Ok final update to the imp,im going to keep it as it is now.
Im happy with the looks of it,altough its a lame monster i think it would look good in my wad in progress.

iori said:

LWM is not lame.

Nmn said:

Not true, the Cacolich was made by Vader (talented artist), he made it from scratch. I believe it's the only exception tough..

Heh, thanks for the kind words :)

The Imp looks ok,
but try 'Renderstyle ADD' for the fireball-trail, it´ll look much better ;)

Vader said:

but try 'Renderstyle ADD' for the fireball-trail, it´ll look much better ;)

Ok ill take a look at it,im not sure what that exactly does but you know more of custom monsters than i do.
Im a bit of a noob if it comes to custom monsters.

AFAIK,
it works similar to normal translucency, only that the light level of the sprite is somehow added to the background!
This makes it look, as if it would glow...
you just have to experiment a bit with the alpha value, to make it look perfect