Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DumbSCRIPTguy

Help on EDGE DDF

Ok, I just got hang on EDGE DDF, and I want a weapon that's like a railgun. It fires a beam not a projectile. I hae tried done this with projectile but it just looks like a blue shit travelling through the air, no, i want a beam weapon, anybody knows how this can be done?

There is no good way to do this with EDGE since it doesn't have any code for drawing beam weapons (rail gun) like ZDoom has.

I'm not sure that it's what you want at all, but I did something similar with a fast-moving projectile in WW-DI.WAD (the silenced rifle on Slot 3 has an alt fire that acts like this). The projectile has the TUNNEL flag applied to it so it goes through enemies, and I think I raised the speed up to 100 (or higher). I applied a trail effect with a long lifespan to reinforce the "rail" effect.

WildWeasel said:

I'm not sure that it's what you want at all, but I did something similar with a fast-moving projectile in WW-DI.WAD (the silenced rifle on Slot 3 has an alt fire that acts like this). The projectile has the TUNNEL flag applied to it so it goes through enemies, and I think I raised the speed up to 100 (or higher). I applied a trail effect with a long lifespan to reinforce the "rail" effect.

Hmm, interesting, do you have the code, as
I would use that.

If you're interested, you could always download the WAD, as I don't keep archived code. The weapon replaced here is the Super Shotgun (alt-fire it to get the Rail effect).