Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

Questions for jdoom and looking for sprites.

Hi, I currently make a kind of tc for doom with jdoom, well not really a tc, I just try to get all nice looking monsters I can get to put them into a new 32 levels I will make.

First I would like to make a friendly monster, it is possible how to do that with jdoom ? I'm new with ded files so I don't have any idea how I could do that.

This friendly monster should attack other monsters but is not necessary to follow the player, he can just walk in the dungeon and try to spot monsters to shoot them. of course monsters should attack it like the player.

Second, I'm looking for new monsters sprites. I got couples, like monsters.wad resource from zdoom, and somes from various tc, but I still looking if I could find other nice sprites.

what happened to hellstorm monsters sprites ?

so if you have suggestion of wad, or would like to share your work and let me add yours in my wad, please reply :)

oh yes I forgot ...can I edit the colors of sprite like I want with jdoom ? I would like to edit some monsters sprites colors but can I save my sprites as any 256 colors in bmp format and put back into wad with deutex ? how can I be sure the color I choose in paint shop pro or any graphic editor the color is in the palette of doom ? Does jdoom support 16k colors for sprites ? because 5 years ago I've try to edit colors for original doom2 engine and when I put back the sprite into the wad, the sprite looking bad with the wrong colors. Because the colors I choose was not in the doom palette.

Mewdoom said:

I just try to get all nice looking monsters I can get to put them into a new 32 levels I will make.

Is that not a TC? You're replacing the monsters and the levels, sounds like a TC to me!

First I would like to make a friendly monster, it is possible how to do that with jdoom ?

Friendly monsters (an extension from MBF) arn't currently supported in jDoom.

oh yes I forgot ...can I edit the colors of sprite like I want with jdoom ? I would like to edit some monsters sprites colors but can I save my sprites as any 256 colors in bmp format and put back into wad with deutex ? how can I be sure the color I choose in paint shop pro or any graphic editor the color is in the palette of doom ? Does jdoom support 16k colors for sprites ? because 5 years ago I've try to edit colors for original doom2 engine and when I put back the sprite into the wad, the sprite looking bad with the wrong colors. Because the colors I choose was not in the doom palette.

Doomsday supports full 32bit colour sprites. Simply save your modified sprite as one of the supported formats (eg PNG) in the /Data/jDoom/Patches folder, named as the original LUMP name.

DaniJ said:

Friendly monsters (an extension from MBF) arn't currently supported in jDoom.

Doomsday supports full 32bit colour sprites. Simply save your modified sprite as one of the supported formats (eg PNG) in the /Data/jDoom/Patches folder, named as the original LUMP name.

What do you mean with lump name ? as example if I edit the color of the zombie POSS I just have to add all frames .PNG file with the same frame name that is in the wad ?

like:

POSSA1.PNG
POSSA2A8.PNG
all int the patches folder and that's it ? :)

Ok it work :)

but jdoom added a kind of light effect around the sprites, there is a way to get that off ?

for the mbf, there is another port supporting mbf that I can add new monsters and things like edge ddf or jdoom ded and supporting multiplayer too ? edge is nice but multiplayer doesnt work yet.

but jdoom added a kind of light effect around the sprites, there is a way to get that off ?

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

DaniJ said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

Sure, but how I upload a file into a post ?

I think zdoom support mbf right ? and with zdoom I can add my new monsters and new weapons without replacing existing ones right ?

Mewdoom said:

I think zdoom support mbf right ? and with zdoom I can add my new monsters and new weapons without replacing existing ones right ?

ZDoom supports most but not all of MBF's features. Friendly monsters exist but the work a little differently. You can add new monsters but for new weapons you need the unofficial build you find at the forums. This functionality hasn't been incorporated into the official version yet.

Graf Zahl said:

ZDoom supports most but not all of MBF's features. Friendly monsters exist but the work a little differently. You can add new monsters but for new weapons you need the unofficial build you find at the forums. This functionality hasn't been incorporated into the official version yet.

ok :)

Does exist a tutorial somewhere how to make a friendly monster with zdoom ?

cool :)

but does the friendly monster will chase, search for other monsters or if is gona stay around from his spawn spot and attack only monsters around him ?

I would like to make the cyberdeamon invulnerable from all weapons except of the bfg it is possible ?

I would like to make a spider that will crawl on wall, without flying, it is possible too ?

Thanks for the informations :)

any idea where I can find a sprites of robot ? It's for my friendly monster, I would like something like the sentry robot in doom3.

TheDarkArchon said:

1. Friendlys search for hostiles

True, once they are active they will wander around looking for enemies. However, prior to that, they will just sit waiting. I have a map with a room full of friendlies. The player enters the room quite early on in the level and all the friendlies just sit there. However, when the player goes and opens the other door into the room, there is an enemy on the other side. The friendlys all become active as soon as the door is open and then continue being active and wandering around once the enemy is dead.

Mewdoom said:

any idea where I can find a sprites of robot ?

How about the little spider robots from Strife. There is some possible stuff in Hell2Pay as well. Making something by putting legs onto the Duke3D turret gun might be closer to what you are looking for though.

Enjay said:

How about the little spider robots from Strife. There is some possible stuff in Hell2Pay as well. Making something by putting legs onto the Duke3D turret gun might be closer to what you are looking for though.

I will look at it :) but what is strife ? I never played this game, and I didnt not remember the turret gun in duke3d lol

But where I can find those wads ?