Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

Monster resource topic

I got the idea to create a topic where peoples could post their wads and sprites of monsters, doesnt matter if is your own creation or if you rip it.

I know there is allready a couple of post where peoples have put their monsters, but to find something we have to pass each pages one by one and some links are dead. Here is a topic only to post monsters, not for discussion, to have a huge bank of monsters resource :)

Doesnt matter if the monster have allready been posted.
Be sure to show a jpg, gif, or any image to show a little preview of the monsters, so peoples can see if they allready have it before downloading.

Monsters can be in sprites sheet, wad or in zip files.

Heres something, probably not what your looking for but it technically counts as a monster. I made 2 insects (circled in red) for adding ambience to zdoom maps. One is a firefly, the other is a dragonfly. They obviously don't attack, just follow you around so you have to use a hate target to keep them in a certain area. In the background are a bunch of custom trees/plants that I made too. Its a small decorate resource wad so if anyone thinks they may have a use for it I'll upload it.

Shtbag667 said:

Heres something, probably not what your looking for but it technically counts as a monster. I made 2 insects (circled in red) for adding ambience to zdoom maps. One is a firefly, the other is a dragonfly. They obviously don't attack, just follow you around so you have to use a hate target to keep them in a certain area. In the background are a bunch of custom trees/plants that I made too. Its a small decorate resource wad so if anyone thinks they may have a use for it I'll upload it.

http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=insects5ya.jpg

Nice :) Can I download it ? ^_^

Mewdoom said:

Nice :) Can I download it ? ^_^

OK, here it is: http://sbag667.doomwadstation.com/wad/trees.zip

If you can't access the file from here then just go to my web page ( http://sbag667.doomwadstation.com/ ) and go to the 'wad' section. It's the first wad at the top.

The bugs will follow you when you activate them, I didn't put any hate targets in there. Also, the fireflies are most effective when used in a dark map since they light up. The only downside to the insects is that each one counts as a monster. The only way I could make them 'attack' a hate target was by using the monster flag.

renagade said:

i think they do Ezxariarch... but its not DB compatable.. and that sucks =/

Why isn't it Doom Builder Compatible? Wouldn't you just manually enter their thing number?

Does somebody have "waded" the imp called "nightmare" from the guy who made the sprite ?

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34896

Because I don't know how to put the sprites from sprite sheet into a wad, I know how to cut the image and put it into wad but I don't know wich size I have to cut each sprites and wich coordinates to give it into wad, etc.

if someone can help, I will very appreciate it :)

Ezxariarch said:

Why isn't it Doom Builder Compatible? Wouldn't you just manually enter their thing number?

well.. im not really knowlageable on the mechanics of the "things" menu.. that and i must have done it wrong, but i tried to put it in when i clicked on it to move it to position itself.. the programed crashed.. e.e;

EDIT: i guess the crash thing was a fluke, i got it to work but when ever i load it up on Zdoom, i get a diamond with a ! in the middle.. even though i load it in with the monster wad... is there a wya to correct this?

Shtbag667 said:

While that's a good effort, I think that you would be better off making flies, for example, out of black and gray sprites hovering erratically, which would be easy to do. One good use for this would be on the corpses of dead monsters (or if that can't be done, dead monster decorations).

Mewdoom said:

Does somebody have "waded" the imp called "nightmare" from the gay who made the sprite ?

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34896

Because I don't know how to put the sprites from sprite sheet into a wad, I know how to cut the image and put it into wad but I don't know wich size I have to cut each sprites and wich coordinates to give it into wad, etc.

if someone can help, I will very appreciate it :)

I suggest you use wintex. You can just cut out the frames yourself and just pase it in. I never used waded, so I can't help you there. (And I'm not gay ^_^)

you just cut the frames out of the wad you got and put them into your wad?? i was wondering about that.. since i want to try and make some of the monsters from the MRW in my wad.. and i dont want to use all of the monsters. ( just some of the monsters and a few of the marines.. so i just want to take those and merge them into one wad for editing ease.. but then again i would have ot use another editor to put them in, since when i do it with DB, as it always comes up with a diamond with a ! in the middle. e.e; )

renagade said:

you just cut the frames out of the wad you got and put them into your wad?? i was wondering about that.. since i want to try and make some of the monsters from the MRW in my wad.. and i dont want to use all of the monsters. ( just some of the monsters and a few of the marines.. so i just want to take those and merge them into one wad for editing ease.. but then again i would have ot use another editor to put them in, since when i do it with DB, as it always comes up with a diamond with a ! in the middle. e.e; )

With wintex, it's pretty easy. Just open you MRM.wad and then create a new wad. goto your MRM wad window, highlight all the entries for a certain monster, goto EDIT -> copy entries. Then goto your new wad and goto EDIT -> paste entries and wallah. Sounds work the same, but the format used by the MRM wad doesn't allow wintex to edit it. You'll have to manually save them with XWE or something then reload them back into your new wad with wintex.

Ezxariarch said:

I suggest you use wintex. You can just cut out the frames yourself and just pase it in. I never used waded, so I can't help you there. (And I'm not gay ^_^)

loll sorry it was an error of typing ^_^

by "waded" I mean: "put in a wad" ;)