Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheOx

I need help!!

Alright, so i was working on my map, and i got my final room made and when i go into 3D mode *Im using Doom Builder* and i see that 1 of my walls isnt touching the ground, so i got to lower the floor, and then the top of it isnt touching the ceiling. Ive tried remaking the wall a million times, Ive tried texturing everything and nothing is working. I have no clue why this is isnt working, plz help!!!

Also if someone wants me to send them the wad so they could acctually see the problem, id be happy send. Also this is my second wad, so there might be something im just completely missing. Thanks to anyone who can help me

TheOx said:

Alright, so i was working on my map, and i got my final room made and when i go into 3D mode *Im using Doom Builder* and i see that 1 of my walls isnt touching the ground, so i got to lower the floor, and then the top of it isnt touching the ceiling. Ive tried remaking the wall a million times, Ive tried texturing everything and nothing is working. I have no clue why this is isnt working, plz help!!!

Also if someone wants me to send them the wad so they could acctually see the problem, id be happy send. Also this is my second wad, so there might be something im just completely missing. Thanks to anyone who can help me

is this a solid wall or a middle texture?

send the wad and ill see whats up with it.. ill even play it for ya and tell you how its going o-o

It has to me. Sometimes when I delete a line splitting two sectors, but forget to join them, I see missing walls and parts of walls, overlapping flats, and other oddities.

If you are using the newest version of DB, goto TOOLS -> FIND MAP ERRORS. If your sector isn't closed, it would tell you. Click on the error and it will direct you to the spot.

Either that, or you cieling is too high or the floor too low. To fully cover a area with a texture, the difference between ceiling and floor must the equal to that of the textures verticle dimension. If the texture is small, a part of it wont be covered, and if it's too small, the texture would appear to "go through" the floor.

Ezxariarch said:

If you are using the newest version of DB, goto TOOLS -> FIND MAP ERRORS. If your sector isn't closed, it would tell you. Click on the error and it will direct you to the spot.

Either that, or you cieling is too high or the floor too low. To fully cover a area with a texture, the difference between ceiling and floor must the equal to that of the textures verticle dimension. If the texture is small, a part of it wont be covered, and if it's too small, the texture would appear to "go through" the floor.

yeah. what he said

I was able to get the problem fixed and its looking pretty good!

Also I hope to get this wad out today or tommorow I hope you guys play it :)

TheOx said:

I was able to get the problem fixed and its looking pretty good!

Also I hope to get this wad out today or tommorow I hope you guys play it :)

Nice.. another thing to procrastinate from making the first level in my wad.. well one of them.. i dont know ill think on the name n stuff when i start =o