Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

post your new Doom monsters

It would be Awesome for this to go through.

Well. I;ve finished the first rotation for the Snake Marine

I'll continue the rest later

Somehow, the OuchImp gives me the chills and makes me laugh at the same time.

Oh, and the Snake Marine looks pretty awesome, too. Out of curiosity, where does the snake half sprite originate from? It looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Ophidian

And the Ouchimp looks like William Shatner for some reason.

I started a 'swamp elemental.' I don't know what it should shoot yet or how it should die. My spring break project will be to make a swamp level to go along with this monster, nothing really elaborate though.

Shtbag667 said:

I started a 'swamp elemental.' I don't know what it should shoot yet or how it should die. My spring break project will be to make a swamp level to go along with this monster, nothing really elaborate though.

http://imageshack.us/img140/4089/swamppic4kd.png

That looks really cool, except it's eye along with the smiling mouth make it look really... happy...
Make them a bit more angry or demonic and that'll be one badass swamp elemental! As for what it shoots, balls of green gas sound suitable (maybe even the baron projectile). Dying? Perhaps a green recolored rocket explosion?

I'm glad you guys like it so far. I didn't want to copy that elemental from the monster resource wad so it won't shoot poison gas. It will have 2 types of projectiles and a melee attack, I just haven't decided what it will shoot yet. I'm not sure about the eye shooting frames, I might change it to green but I'm not sure if that will look right either. I'm open to suggestions. I just have the death frames to make now. The first frame is done. I might make it break up into separate peices by spawning so gibs when it dies.

Since this thing lives in swamps you would expect it to get crap in it's one eye all the time! I added some eye blinking frames to make it look a little more realistic. The blinking will be triggered by the A_Jump action to make it random.

I just updated the pic. I've included the death frames and a few gibs. I coded the decorate and everything works. Now I need to do sounds and projectiles.

@shtbag 667: impressive, 2 questions tho.

1) how did you recolor only the eye on the swamp elemental? Like how did you make only that part of the sprite red while keeping the rest of it its original color?

2) How do make gibs that explode from the creature when it dies?

Edit: Anyone know how to correctly use a code pointer in decorate? Like how would you place an arch vile code pointer on a creaure that say has an uppercut punch?

1.) I just recolored the eye pixel by pixel with paintshop. Is that what your asking? I don't know why I switched it from green to red when it fires though, I guess I just wanted it to look more evil or something.

2.) Heres the code so far (still need to make projectiles). What makes a gib is just useing 'A_CustomMissile' in it's death frames. The gib itself is really simple, you can see it at the bottom.

ACTOR SwampElemental 4111
{ 
   Health 300 
   Speed 5 
   Radius 18
   Height 56
   PainChance 128
   Mass 300
   Meleedamage 1 
   REACTIONTIME 8 
   MONSTER
   +FLOORCLIP +NOGRAVITY +FLOAT +PUSHABLE
   scale 1.0
   SeeSound ""
   PainSound ""
   DeathSound ""
   ActiveSound ""
   Obituary "%o died." 
   MissileHeight 12
   MissileType StarSpread
   States 
   { 
   Spawn: 
      SWMP A 4  A_Look 
      SWMP A 0 A_Jump (240,4) 
      SWMP G 4			//
      SWMP H 4			// Blinking
      SWMP G 4			//
      SWMP A 4 A_Look 
      Loop 
   See: 
      SWMP A 2 A_Chase
      SWMP A 0 A_Jump (240,4) 
      SWMP G 4 A_Chase		//
      SWMP H 4 A_Chase 		// Blinking
      SWMP G 4 A_Chase		//
      SWMP A 2 A_Chase
      Goto See
   Missile:
     SWMP A 0 A_Jump (160,7) 
     SWMP B 7 A_FaceTarget
     SWMP C 3 Bright A_FaceTarget
     SWMP D 3 Bright A_FaceTarget
     SWMP C 3 Bright A_FaceTarget
     SWMP B 2 A_FaceTarget
     Goto See
     SWMP A 8 A_FaceTarget
     SWMP E 6 A_FaceTarget
     SWMP F 6 A_FaceTarget 
     SWMP E 6 A_FaceTarget
     Goto See
   Melee:
     SWMP A 4 A_FaceTarget
     SWMP E 4 A_FaceTarget
     SWMP F 4 A_MeleeAttack
     SWMP E 4 A_FaceTarget
     Goto See	
   Pain: 
      SWMP A 4  A_Pain 
      Goto See 
   Death: 
      SWMP I 8 A_Scream 
      SWMP J 4 A_NoBlocking 
      SWMP J 4 A_CustomMissile("SwampElementalGib2", 12, 8, -45, 1)
      SWMP K 4 A_CustomMissile("SwampElementalGib1", 12, 4, 45,0)
      SWMP K 4 A_CustomMissile("SwampElementalGib4", 12, 0, 135, 1)
      SWMP L 4 A_CustomMissile("SwampElementalGib5", 12, 8, -90, 1)
      SWMP L 4 
      SWMP L 0 A_Jump (240,2)
      SWMP L 4 A_CustomMissile("SwampElementalGib3", 0, 20, 0, 1)
      SWMP M -1      
      Stop      
   } 
} 
actor SwampElementalGib1 3901
{
    +DOOMBOUNCE
    Speed 4
    scale 0.7
    States
    {
    Spawn:
        SWMP N 4
        Loop
    }
}

You can use code pointers just like you would use A_Chase. I think anything that starts with "A_" is a code pointer and heres a list: http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Action_functions

@shtbag 667: Yea, that answers my question. I was just curious as to whether there was a shortcut to chaning the color(s) of the creature rather than editing each individual pixel (if that's what you were doing).

I see how the gibs would work, I take it that doombounce means that the projectile (i.e. the gib) would like bounce once or twice and then stop moving.

Do you guys know what I'm talking about when I say an archvile code pointer? Like when his attack sends you way up in the air... I wanted to learn how to include that in a script for a sprite.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found what I was looking for... A_VileAttack.

Edit: I was thinking of making the cyberdemon either a floating boss, or a boss with a different lower body. Either way, he's going to be much harder, he'll have different wepons and different appearance... I am open to any suggestions. I will be posting up frames soon.