Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

corrupt pwad? tex numforname not found

i worked on my pwad on wintex and now in xwe but now why i try to load it in eternity i get an error saying that "metal2" can not be found. but the doom2 wad is fine so why cant it just use the one in that one?

i tried loading my pwad it in wintex/xwe to try to see what the problem was and in the texture1 lump there's this:

metal
metal1
wood1
metal3
metal4

wierd, no? and there's a wood1 later on in the list, where it's supposed to be. i dont think that that's a texture i've replaced (some textures i've replaced, like switches and the lava falls, the rest are new, like "cyc002" etc. or i've replaced the zzzwolf patches directly

anyway, i created a new metal2 texture manually to look like the original one and all is fine. like eh?

The TEXTUREx lump in your PWAD is supposed to include every texture that was listed in DOOM II's TEXTURE1 (or at least the ones you use in you maps), plus any you added. Isn't the PWAD's TEXTUREx missing the METAL2 texture entry?

ok, so if i add or change a texture the texture1 lump is needed, which essentially replaces the entire of doom2's texture1 lump? and so if i've accidentally killed my "metal2" entry somewhere along the line or it's got foo'ed then there will be no "metal2" because the original iwad one will have been discarded?

edit: ohhh, i wander if i created a patch/tex and for whatever reason called it metal2 and then renamed it to what i wanted it to be, wood1, and so the metal2 disapeared and there's two wood1's. probably. heh. it was a couple of months ago :-)

cycloid said:
ok, so if i add or change a texture the texture1 lump is needed, which essentially replaces the entire of doom2's texture1 lump?

Yes, otherwise you can change existing textures to a limited extent only by replacing existing patches with new ones using the same names, using similarly sized patches to avoid errors.