Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Odd Eye

WAD author

Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder Doom Builder

I dont want to plug anything, just so you know :P

Hehe ok, if you want a serious and objective answer;
Please take a look at Doomworld's untility pages. The editors marked in bold are the most active ones, take a look at them.
May you happen to choose to use Doom Builder, please see this post for a 'better' version.

Odd Eye said:

I want to try out a new level editor. Is WAD author good or not?

One thing's certain: It's old and doesn't get updated so if you need newer features of some ports it is a rather bad choice.

It's a different style of mapping compared to Doom Builder and other such editors. I've been using WadAuthor for ages now and haven't really had any problems with it.

As for not supporting new features in ports, most of them can be added via the use of it's *.wcf files. Incidentally, last time I tried using GZDoom.wcf, only the standard Doom linedefs were available. All the sector specials were there though.

DooMAD said:

All the sector specials were there though.

Certainly not!

WadAuthor is older than the invention of sector type flags and doesn't support them properly - unless you were willing to write an endless list of types with all flag combinations.

WadAuthor is old and hasn't been updated for ages and as a consequence some stuff that has been invented later can't be done reasonably. AFAIK linedef and thing flags are another problem, especially ZDoom's Block Everything flag and the new thing flags from Strife.

Ok, maybe a dumb question, but what is AFAIK?

Are there anyway to make slopes, a diagonal line upwards, with any of the two builders?

Example
| /
| /
|__P1_/

I don't know if you understand what I mean, but anyway, is there a way to make the walls to "lean" forward or backward without making a billion sectors where the heigth-difference is 1px?

You're talking about slopes and these can be done in ZDoom in both wadauthor (if you use the right config file) and doom builder.

Personally, I've been using wadauthor since pretty much day one of my mapping and I have no complaints with it (but Graf Zahl is correct about the linedef/thing flags).